View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
ldeikis OP
Dirty daydreamer

Oddometer: 718
Hmmm... thanks for the opinions.

We're only a couple hours from the city, but anyone who's ever lived in NYC knows that scooters there get absolutely *trashed* (as do most other wheeled objects, I guess) so I'm not super keen on buying one there... nor on riding it home.

If the thing's going to be dangerously slower than a spree or similar, though, I may have to look into a metropolitan or something. It's just that somehow spending $250 or $300 on a poor-handling, slow, single speed vehicle is so much easier to swallow than $800-$1000. And she essentially has nothing at all to contribute to this right now.

In NY, a "moped" is essentially defined by top speed, not shifting... but most of them seem to be 49cc and below. Anyone have input on a Tomos A35? TWO whole speeds, but I believe it still qualifies as a moped.

Thanks.

Luke
"To them, the bike's garage clutter. To us, it's a Beretta, half a mil' in cash, and a forged passport hidden under the floorboards. Whether it's used or not, that choice is always there." --Dan Walsh, Bike, December 2003

ldeikis screwed with this post 09-29-2008 at 07:14 PM
ldeikis is offline   Reply With Quote