View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #26
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,352
I've now done about 4,000 miles with the Isotta screen on, and still maintain it's the best money I've spent on the bike. I've got the short version, and from what I've seen so has everyone else.

I get no wind noise, and it was a concern when I was ordering as I could find no one else that had tried one. My previous KTM950Adv had dreadful wind noise as did the original Wunderlich screen on my Rockster, before I swapped it for a shorter one, and didn't want to spend a lot of money and end up with another noisy bike.

Despite it's size it is remarkably effective, and laws permitting allows for sustained high speed cruising. My longest day in the saddle so far is 615 miles, I know I would have been battered without the screen. As it was, I showered and then went out to a friend's birthday party.

It's not a cheap item, but as everyone will testify, it is a quality piece of kit, well shaped and easy to fit or remove.

Also done a lot of rain miles as well unfortunately, but no problems with the screen. Great combination with the R1200GS hand guards.