View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #88
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull doug
Yeah I'm a victim of the dreaded lifeless battery syndrome on my 06 640 adv as well.good thread as I only wasted about 20-30 kicks before checking out this thread and sure enough won't start with a DEAD battery evidently. ...
Will the 640adv start with dead battery on the bump,seems not?

Reccomendations on good replacement battery for my stocker,seems like shes near the end?

On the 06 640 adv one click after lock on ignition will be able to fire up without lights going on?Fact or?That would be cool,just can't check at the moment charging time.Update Yep thats a fact it works!checked out fired right up!
Thanks for the info on this thread saved my leg alot of kicking for nuthing!
PitbullDoug
So you did or did not disconnect the headlights before attempting to kickstart? I didn't get the special ignition position (sans lux) to work for me, so I just disconnected the low beam headlight wire from the bulb.

I don't know about bump starting an adventure (dorkpunch has an Enduro model so it might be different ) on a dead battery WITH the headlights hooked up. You will have better luck with the headlights disconnected or off with a special switch.

WestCo batteries seem to be OK, and they plop right in. Odyssey batteries do not plop right in, but I have been happy with mine. Yuasa are great batteries too; don't blame them for any woes.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote