Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 AM   #165
drbig
Solo Sailor

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
Your most welcome,
Checked out your Israel ride post, Wow I am most jealous,
Many off my christian friends have been there but Ive not seen biker type of pics with such cool scenery before, I was reminded off this biblical phophetic verse written about 700BC

Isa 35:1 THE wilderness and the wasteland shall be glad for them,

And the desert shall rejoice and blossom as the rose;

Isa 35:2 It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice,
Even with joy and singing.
The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it,
The excellence of Carmel and Sharon.
They shall see the glory of the LORD,
The excellency of our God

Israel has that Type off Heritage I quess,
Out of interest New Zealand is the furtherist country in the world from Israel as Ive mention before to nave but it looks similiar in someways but we dont have deserts, only huge sand dunes on some of the beaches,
Chow for now will post some, pics soon
I like the south of Israel a great deal. I like the north I and the center. I just don't like Tel Aviv with it's big city mentality and GO GO Go living style.
Parts of Israel still resemble how things were during those anciant times of the Bible. In others you have to try and let your imagination do the work for you. A week ago we rode to Bet Shean in the the east This is a very anciant city that is mentiond in the book of Joshua and in the 1st book of Samuel ws the city were the body of King saul was presented after he lost the battle on mount Gilboa. The whole city has been dug and is quite amazing to walk through ( though it is from a later period , Roman and mostly Bizantine). They have created a light and sound spektical that really allowes one to walk around and get a feeling that there is still a living city around you with all it's hussle and bustle

P.S As my wife and I were in New Zealand in 2003 (Mostly the south island) I can tell you with some confidance that NZ is really unique and very far from what Israel looks like. I wouldn't mind having some of that NZ beautiy arond here!
Attached Images

drbig is offline   Reply With Quote