View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 01:46 AM   #166
drbig
Solo Sailor

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbig
I like the south of Israel a great deal. I like the north I and the center. I just don't like Tel Aviv with it's big city mentality and GO GO Go living style.
Parts of Israel still resemble how things were during those anciant times of the Bible. In others you have to try and let your imagination do the work for you. A week ago we rode to Bet Shean in the the east This is a very anciant city that is mentiond in the book of Joshua and in the 1st book of Samuel ws the city were the body of King saul was presented after he lost the battle on mount Gilboa. The whole city has been dug and is quite amazing to walk through ( though it is from a later period , Roman and mostly Bizantine). They have created a light and sound spektical that really allowes one to walk around and get a feeling that there is still a living city around you with all it's hussle and bustle

P.S As my wife and I were in New Zealand in 2003 (Mostly the south island) I can tell you with some confidance that NZ is really unique and very far from what Israel looks like. I wouldn't mind having some of that NZ beautiy arond here!
one more from Bet Shean
Attached Images

drbig is offline   Reply With Quote