View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #776
Iceveign
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Yes High Five, I was referring to the r2, as ya'll call it. I want a bike that I can ride 2 -4 hours on occasion in one direction on the street to get to some trails and camp site, then be able to rip it up a bit on the dirt and do some exploring. Although long, long rides on the highway is not a must, since in reality if I'm going that far from home I would probably haul it to my destination for safety and peace of mind. I just want a dual sport that will ride on the highway at 70-80 without feeling like it's being pushed to hard, I have no concerns about dirt riding with the r2. I want a bike that ways around 300lbs. or less, so bikes like the klr650 and the dr650 I have eliminated.

That's why I was considering the Husky te610, because it weighs around 309lbs. The dealer(15 miles from my house)told me the engine was different from the other te's, less maintenance and gear'd more for the road. But since reading HF's comments about the wr450 maybe having to much power on the dirt I can see how the same thing might be true with any 600cc bike.

This little 250 by Yamaha is starting to look more and more like the wisest choice, it's really growing on me.
Iceveign is offline   Reply With Quote