View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #65
Joe Bar OP
Middle England

Oddometer: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megathumper
I too was out on the bike all day yesterday, the best bit was we found a 80km section of isolated country road out the back of Oberon near Bathurst, the best 30km part of it running down the side of a train track, was a little bumpy but sweeping corners switching back & forth over the train track winding our way through the foothills, probably only saw 2 or 3 cars in a hour, just bloody great, a spring day made for biking....wonderful
We're into autumn / fall on this side of the world so chilly days becoming increasingly the norm. Raining hard today, but yesterday was lovely, leaves blowing around in the breeze.

Had an unusual ride as my mate and I had a day out with two Class 1 Advanced Police Officers on their FJR1300 patrol bikes. Covered around 90 miles (145kms) with a police bike always present in your mirrors . Bit un-nerving at first, but the commentary, feedback and advice was first rate.

They are trained to ride in a very systematic way, with safety being paramount. Their riding style and road positioning to ride quickly and smoothly but always safely was great to watch on the couple of occasions he was in front.

Certainly gave me a lot to think about, even though he was quite complimentary about my general riding.