Originally Posted by mousitsas
Yes, get your hands on a KLX650 front end, it will transform the bike and its a bolt on conversion with the exception of the steering lock.
I am very interested about that mod...but I never saw it done to DR800...Mine is 1992 with 43mm forks.
Can you give some more info, may be photos?
Here is some questions I am stuck with - I will really really appreciate if you can answer what you can...pleease! :)
Even if you only have that info for DR750 so far...
1. Do DR front wheel fits KLX forks without modifications?
2. If not - do I need complete front from KLX, with wheel and everything?
3. Those KLX forks - they are not adjustable kind, are they? Are they cartridge forks?
4. How different is rake etc. of front forks with KLX set? Is bike geometry changing a lot?
5. Do tripple tree fits DR header without mods? If not - what need to be done? E.g. bearings, axle etc. etc.?
6. Does it affect max. steering angle, e.g. turning radius?