View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 AM   #1510
granitegirl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonegrl
Looking at the BMW F650GS, though the guys in the A.A.R.S.E. thread are telling that I should get something cheaper to start with since I can't take it out on single track or OHV. I have an ATV for that. But I did register for a beginners course for next month. I guess that is a good start.

EDIT: I just realized that you have what I want...I like the silver. And the red (it would match the truck and toy hauler). What is your opinion? I'm not planning on taking it through the woods the day I get it or anything. I am planning on taking the intermediate riding course and the BMW course also.
Hi! I'm a newbie rider as well, just started in August. I had my heart set on a F650GS as well, but got lots of advice telling me to start smaller first. All it took to convince me was sitting on a F650 and feeling the weight difference between that and what I ended up with, a Kawasaki Super Sherpa (250cc)...

And I'm really happy with the Sherpa so far, but hope to add a F650GS to the garage, maybe in the spring. Keeping the Sherpa for offroad adventures, and using the BMW more as a street bike.

Whatever you choose, have fun with your classes!!!
granitegirl is offline   Reply With Quote