Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
SocalRob OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by srace7
Rob

Thanks for highlighting this...

While we can all right the bike in many situations there will always be circumstances where the usual techniques might not work as you say.

On snow where footing isn't great or, as you say, in circumstances where perhaps one has taken a knock and might not be as strong as some of the hefty types posting here !!

This is where this would be an additional and valuable weapon in the arsenal...

Thanks for suggesting it - I've spoken to Frank and got one of the few remaining on it's way to me.
Thanks. Frank (he's the designer/owner of Snowbuddy) called me up today to thank me for posting this up on Advrider. He said that a RTW rider from England had called him today. Like you say, I think it is a great tool. BTW, it only weighs about 6 lbs or so. Good luck on your upcomming trip.

Frank also says that if there really were to be some interest from the MC world, he could change some things around to lower the cost.

BTW, if you notice the steel bar (its the one with the holes drilled in it) that I added to the kit would also serve a dual purpose (along with some duct tape) of being able to repair/strengthen a bent/broken jack pole in the same way that a tent pole repair sleeve works.

Frank also has instructions on how to use the jack as a come-a-long wench if you have some rope & other parts. For a serious RTW trip that might be a good idea also to be able to extract the bike.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote