View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 08:18 AM   #1564
Nixels
Face fears - live life

Oddometer: 7,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey
Have you actually seen it? I contacted him weeks ago & he sent me pictures. That bike is not restorable. The plastics are destroyed and the rest of it isn't in much better shape. He was so pompous in the email that I never even bothered to respond ("$1500 firm, I know what it is and I know what it's worth" ).
No, I didn't call - I can't afford to pay attention right now. lol3 But it seems that's a common trait for some people with these bikes. My bike needed a lot of work that I could see - and more that I couldn't and the guy wanted $3k because another one had sold - with bags and in better shape for that a couple months before. I was desperate & had to have this bike (bad combo) so I beat him up for $100 and got it.

A 375 pound, 750cc dirtbike for about $3000. Aww...crap...you've got me talking myself into it again.

Oh yeah, I just remembered their one weak spot: the transmissions are made of glass. Must. Remember. That.
See, you've come to your senses.

I guess the moral of the story is - this guy's gonna keep it since he won't budge and most Elefant owners are reasonable, cold-blooded buyers that can walk away from a bad deal.

Yeah, that's it!

SmugMug coupon: cwbkgu7KGL2D2/save $5
Nixels is offline   Reply With Quote