Thread: XR650R Thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40cu.in.of.furey
I think the BRP has much more offroad potential than a modified DR, I did put straight rate springs in and emulators, that helped 100% but the rear shock has no rebound adjustability and it would cost almost 500 to get it there. I never relized how much it would take to make the DR more offroadable, and in hind sight it's easier and CHEAPER to find a DSed BRP than make the DR more offroadable. I do love my DR because I have put so much into it, but I feel held back in the offroad department.
I sold a DR in Aug to by my BRP. I did the springs/emulators and had the rear shock done by cogent with the added rebound control. The suspension was lightyears better but I still kept hitting my feet and pegs on stuff and it drove me nuts. I wish I would have just bought a BRP to start with and put the same money onto it.
I'm having fun setting up the honda and now that that I have all the dual sport stuff (lights, blinkers, speedo and horn) rear rack and bigger tank I know I made the right choice.
I've flogged down the freeway, railed twisty back roads and gravel and have done some hill climbing and the BRP is the shizzle.
"T"
Jackazz is offline   Reply With Quote