View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #97
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack90210
I'd love to see a good comparo vs. an RT.
I can do that!

Rode a R1200RT a few times for about 100 miles total.

Vs. a Concours14...

The RT: Great fit/finish, lots of high tech stuff, smooth ride (with the ESP), engine was surprisingly powerful. For me (6'1", 200lbs), the ergos were great as delivered. Comfortable seat (in highest position). Nicely designed stock windscreen. But, the price..OUCH!

The C14: Also nicely finished, fantastic engine (stock)...unbelievably powerful when liberated (flies out, remapped FI), ergos...I added 1.5" bar risers and a beaded seat (WalMart) for the LD rides (>300 miles). FI was flawless. Stock windscreen is suited for someone shorter than 6'1". OTD with ABS was 13,799 from Hilton Head Motorsports.

To the C14, I've added: Cee Bailey (CB) Euro Cut windscreen, Kevins Bar Risers, CB headlight protectors, Murphs Fenda Extenda, Symtec Heated Grip Elements with Galindo Superbike Grips, Garmin 2610 Streetpilot (getfeetwet.com), WalMart beaded seat cover, Givi 460L, Premier Cycle Accessories rear rack with Givi mount kit, removed restrictive butterfly valves, remapped FI with Dynojet PCIII with a custom map from FuelMoto, AreaP carbon fiber slipon, and a hookup for my 10yr old Unobtanium Aerostich electric vest.

For me, my C14 is a perfect bike.

YMMV.