Thread: Southwest Moto
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #52
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,619
I talked with Blaine back when they still had a phone # you could call a few times, an he doesn't talk to you like a customer, but more like a fellow rider. In other words he doesn't feel a need to do the salesman "customer is always right" kiss -ass attitude. I respect the honesty, and even the sarcasm. Basically he let me know how little he really makes on tires after shipping, and I would guess he knows that we will come back for the prices and fast service, and loseing a single order isn't a big deal.

Remember when most motorcycle dealerships were like this? I miss that. Most seem like car salesman now days with big smiles, mission statements an fast talking. Maybe that's a better business model, but as a customer I'd rather know where I really stand.

Oh, and I just ordered 3 tires from them last Sunday and they arrived on Tuesday at a price no one will beat. Southwest could put an "ADVriders suck!" banner on their home page and I'd still order from them.....just business when all is said an done.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote