View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #30
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Yup, that's what we've been saying for about 5 years now, we're still waiting. I wish someone else would make a better all around GPS for the Adventure community just so I wouldn't have to listen to everyone bitch about Garmin

Jim in Sacramento
Me too!

I saw the 620/640 at CES a few days ago. It is really nice. The touchscreen works perfectly. The size is perfect. The rep assured me it will do EVERYTHING the 276 does and more. I get back, look at the specs, and NO.......they fucked up on the tracking, again. Why, oh why is it so hard to respect the fact that off-road dual sporters like tracks. It's not a hard concept to understand.

One more thing, a new Nuvi model sports satellite maps on screen. Now that is cool. I asked him if the 640 with xm weather does that. He says, "NO......" I say, "That's because boaters don't care about storm clouds!!" These guys are falling to sleep, smoking crack, or somthing.

Not to mention,,,,, Garmin's stock price has absolutely been trashed because Wall Street has decided that consumers prefer GPS on their cell phones, and it's only a matter of time. When that happens, I bet we get our friggin' track logs.
R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote