Thread: Suzuki Bandit
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #56
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaboy
I remember that you used to have a V-Strom? So, how do you like your Bandit so far compared to the V-Strom?
The 1255 Bandit is a much better engine / transmission package for me. Lower to the ground also. The wind protection was better on the DL1000 and the suspension sucked up the sharp bumps better ( after a bit of suspension work ) I find the Corbin seat on the Bandit a way better seat than either of the 3 I had for the DL1000 ( standard corbin, nose job corbin and a rick myers job ) . Fuel mileage better on the Bandit bu just a few. 3 or 4 average for me. I find the Bandit easier to ride in the mountains and gravel roads with it's lower center of gravity. Now to get a decent windshield when one is made for it and that's all I find lacking on it for a great touring bike. I did 18,000 miles on the DL1000 in 14 months and only have 8600 miles on the Bandit in the 7 months I"ve had it. But, I decided the Bandit's gonna be my bike for quite awhile so fixing to do the front end and get it right for about 300 bucks. Have an Alaskan trip in store for it if all says the same this May/June/

A '00 KLR 650 37,000 miles, A '07 1250S 71,000, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 73,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote