View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #53
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRadman
Not...,
I am using 03 46mm YZ forks. From what I understand, wheels, axle and brakes are the same up to 07. The fork diameter changed around 04 to 48mm so the triple clamps are different.

All that to say the axle and the brake hangers would be the same.

If your using the 46mm forks, we can even try to get a better price on the springs since they too are one off specials.

Radman
I'm pretty sure that I just lined up a set of 03-05 YZ 450F forks. IF I don't get these, I'll definitely have a set in the next week or so.

So no one makes a set of springs for these forks that would work for a Dakar? Mine is currently at about 340lbs dry. Needless to say it stripped. No ABS, custom carbon fiber fairing and double light assembly (no instruments or metal support frame), custom 14oz tail fairing (no luggage rack and metal support brackets), rear sets have been shaved, battery lowered into ABS rack for lower CG. Stock exhaust has been replaced by 6lb Supertrapp slip-on (no connector pipe) All unneeded plastic has been removed.

If no one offers stiffer off the shelf springs then I would be interested in springs and the brake hanger bracket.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote