View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #62
JDRadman
Moto Head

Oddometer: 195
Almost there

I have completed the 3d model and met with my machine shop buddy to get the prototype made. The hanger will look a lot like the one on the Touratech website and we will make one new spacer to get the wheel centered with a new stainless steel axle. Thanks to those that gave me measurements on their wheel to fork set up. Variances of 2-4mm were noted.

I believe that we will need a new brake line to reach the caliper since it will be a bit lower and the forks are a bit longer. I know I will need one since I already have risers on my bars and its already tight.

So here is the question to all interested parties.
Are you really interested? If so, I need commitments sometime next week. No money yet but a good honest commitment would be appreciated so I know how many to run. I will likely only do this once so jump on board and tell your friends too. The more the merrier or cheaper for us all.

If your interested send me an email or PM and I will reply with pictures of the prototype when I get it back before we exchange any money. If you want to see a model of where we are so far, I can do that too.

The kit would consist of:
  • 1 - New Brake Hanger (7075-T61)
  • 1 - Stainless steel custom axle with spacer
You would need to:
  • Acquire a Yamaha YZ 01 to 07 fork and triple clamps and axle nut...
  • Re-spring and re-valve for correct set up. I will shorten my set up by 1" overall and adjust ride height with the triple
  • Be responsible for the bearing set-up, the new brake line and a few nuts and bolts necessary to install it all.
All parts are provided "as is" with no guarantee or warranty. The user assumes all risks for the operation and safety of any use of the parts. Letís say these are sold for cost, as a novelty only and not suitable for on or off highway use.

If youíre really interested you should contact me off list. I will update my progress on the list but I donít want to get off topic.

Rad
JDRadman is offline   Reply With Quote