View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by KullZilla
The Turbine and Ignition is a bit of an apples-oranges comparison.

I ran through some of the features of the turbine earlier, but to summarize the Turbine is the 'bombproof' hot weather mesh jacket.

The Ignition Jacket is a Leather / Mesh hybrid. It is primarily a leather, with big mesh panels on the front and back for ventilation. The ignition uses the REV'IT three layer system with a leather/mesh outer layer, a wind / waterproof layer, and then a insulated thermal vest. Take all the layers out and you have a great hot weather jacket which gives you the air-flow of mesh but the protection of leather. Add the layers in and you have a solid three season jacket. The Ignition uses ProLife (CE level 2) armor.

The Ignition is a really sharp looking jacket and was one of our best sellers last season, especially in-store. There is a bit of sticker shock online (at 439) but once people try it on and feel the quality they are sold ;)

It is a tough choice, and actually one I am debating myself at the moment. Last year's hot weather riding jacket for me was the REV'IT Air, I loved it but am really interested in seeing the production Turbine first-hand, and the leather of the Ignition has always been appealing. The Air Jacket / Turbine will get you chilly fast once the temperatures drop, but I picked up a REV'IT Digital to use as a mid-layer and it turned my Air Jacket into a solid 3-season choice, so I am sure it could do the same for the Turbine. In the end, I think you will be happy with either choice (cop-out I know)

Anyway keep the questions coming I enjoy talking about this stuff
OK, you asked for it . I have the Ignition jacket; what pants do you recommend to go with it? BTW, pictures don't do this jacket justice--It's very sharp and very well made.