View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #69
LeeMan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
When I sold the GT and bought the lighter Tiger it turned out to be a little to small for both my wife and I so last summer for $4,600 I bought an immaculate ’96 Pacific Coast (6,000 miles, new tires, fresh fluids) for her. She tried the PC and while she liked the looks (figures) she thought it was just too big. So I got ready to sell it – hell I just bought the Tiger and after owning a GT and a few other MANLY bikes I couldn’t be seen on no GIRLY bike! (No offense Vermin – you and Cack look real sweet together)

Fall is not a great time to sell a bike in Minnesota so as the weather turned cooler I decided to sell the PC in the spring and then started to ride it, instead of the Tiger, on my 50 mile daily commute. After a few weeks I found that the PC with its great wind protection, huge trunk that could hold all my winter gear and really smooth 800cc v-twin averaging 50 mpg wasn’t so bad after all.

Long story short – over the winter I’ve put 3,000 miles riding the PC in temps down to 15 degrees (full Gerbing gear of course) and the bike is the best commuter I’ve ever owned. I’m 6’2” and 210 lbs so I added a taller/wider Clearview windscreen and had the seat firmed up by Sargent. No final drive issues, no snatchy throttle, FI or mapping issues (carbs), no electrical or mechanical issues and very little maintenance (replaced two plugs and then read in the manual that there were two more – go figure). Even with the 13 year old battery, it starts right up in cold weather and it’ll purr along at 60 mph turning 4,000 rpm all day long. No burnouts, no wheelies, no peg scrapping, no young chicks waving at me – no problem, I’m 54 and I really enjoy riding the GIRLY bike…...the Tiger’s pissed
LeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote