View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #780
MCmad OP
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106
Bluesman,

I'm certainly not a wheel expert, but that looks a bit scarey to me.

The whole point of the 17 is harder use, correct? Harder cornering and braking loads. Given that I would stay far away from any form of radial lacing.

It may be that the rim and hub are just not compatible. I'd take it to a wheel expert to see what can be done (redrilling rim etc). The wheel guys always seem to have a few tricks.
And me to I wouldnt be riding on that wheel no way http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9213467&postcount=745, but it does bring me to the subject of front wheels why not compromise and go to say a 19" front as Ive been riding a few motards lattly and I recon they may be a bit nervice on those 17", maybe its because im used to the 21" and sure I Know 21s wont have the grip but they seem to give more feed back on the limit (a friend of mine completly lost his DRSM front end on a recent ride, I came apon him pointing in the wrong derection after he;d dumped the bike on the ground with no warning ) so I just wonder if a 19 might be the middle ground, Thoughts ??

megamoto and ray_rev love your bikes, it sure would be interesting to know how different they handle though along the lines of the above ??

PS, the XR500 on my signature picture had a 23" front wheel and it handled well on the street,( or at least when the wheel was on the ground anyway) more thoughts ???

MCmad screwed with this post 03-05-2009 at 03:24 AM
MCmad is offline   Reply With Quote