View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #797
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okta
I'd rather upgrade the front brakes...my idea is to use KLE500 front forks with wheels and brake.
Ahm....you sure anout KLE500 forks? They are horrible and soft like spaghetti and brakes are one of worst dualsport brakes I ever tried.
If you meant KLX650 then forks are OK, but brakes just offroad brakes.
If you want to upgrade DR750 forks easiest way to install KLX upside-downs. As for brakes - as you saw in tread I went through few upgrades, and only stock 4-piston caliper that will clear spokes on DR wheel really is Gilera Nordwest RC600 Grimeca caliper. Otherwise - as you saw I bought uber-powerful supermoto Braking 4 piston caliper and for stock or other DR forks it's perfect - just need adapter, but since it did not fit my WP Extremes well I put it up on sale and ordered Beringer 4-piston supermoto caliper and can confirm that Beringer as well fit DR forks with simple adapter. BTW you can fit easily Africa Twin forks and brakes. You will need AT front wheel, forks, brakes and tripple tree from DR800 SR43.
Of course you may as well just put in SR43 stock front - 43 mm forks, simple rod forks but for some reason I was totally happy with their performance (except hard braking with luggage and passenger on German autbahns, I can feel them twisting).
So - do not go KLE if you want it better and not worse :)
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote