View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #778
MOGWA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
When I bought my 07 fxd superglide I already knew I didn't want a "styled" harley.I wanted a big standard and had a direction mapped out.I'm 90% there with the mustang seat,detachable rigid saddlebags,luggage rack,quick detach sportech windscreen(14"),magnetic tankbag and a few other goodies.I also replaced the 5 3/4" with a big 7" headlight and sylvania silverstar bulb.I plan on works shocks&fork springs,probably add some 35w driving lamps mounted low on the frame.It's a good bike and a fun bike.Vibrates only at idle and is as smooth as any of my 7 bmw's or 2 honda fours at freeway speeds.I took my garmin vista hcx for a ride 3 days ago and the trip computer showed an incriminating 105 mph.Other than oil/filter changes and a new rear tire @ 5K it has needed nothing for the past 8k,I've never had to tighten a bolt.It neither uses or leaks any oil.In minutes I can change from a full touring to stripped down naked bike.I may add another bike in the future but this ones a keeper and I'll not sell it.
MOGWA is offline   Reply With Quote