View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
ArthDuro OP
quarantined

Oddometer: 2,982
Belfountain Latte Run - March '09

grr wrote this whole thing and lost it here is attempt number 2

Eventhough I already rode about 700km this season.
I really don't have any ride reports to speak of until now,
major reason being the crappy camera that chooses when to and when
not to work on it's own random schedule.

So to continue in the spirit of the previous reports...

This ride started as a trip to work for me on a really nice warm day
first one this nice of the 2009 riding season.
The goal was to finish up at work early and then head to meet up with a bunch of ADVers at
our favorite coffee shed in a rather nice area of Caledon I wrote about before.

The bike is warmed up and ready to go.

did I mention I did a whole lot of work on her over the winter? we will save that story for another occasion

The route back an forth from work is not worth a note as it is 50km of gridlocked crap slab in the heart of the megacity.
However I thoroughly enjoyed it somehow, maybe because I was finally able to ride to work again.

Then it was finally time to head off to the cool roads, and to try and meet the gang before they all took off.

It takes a good 70 - 80km of painful, straight, heavy traffic slab riding to get to the fun stuff
but here I was, my favorite road.

this is actually a road that goes through an equestrian community
(yeep people, breed, raise and ride horses all around, what a lovely way to spend your days)

A few more from the same spot

nXraid lookin good

if you look close enough you can just barely make out a horsie in the background
(did I mention I love horses...probably)

Ok enough screwing around, I was already late, time to ride or I will miss everyone

ok well this one took some funny fence post balancing and then a quick run to the bike for a pose
heck people rarely take photos of me so I gotta do what I can while the camera is agreeing
Ride ArthDuro Ride!

ah yes so I finally make it and to my surprise everyone is still there and folks are still arriving
The NX is now in big bike company but she is still holding her own, the rider is another story

all the fellas where there and some I wasn't expecting, a great bunch of bikes
and even better group of people

bench racing and something about stuff in your teeth

some more bench racing

what and advrider does when he is missing a seat on his bike
you are my hero Motorhead!

some cool guys cool bike

Did I ever mention how fortunate I consider myself for meeting this bunch?
Man some truly amazing folks there, and heck they will go sooo far out of their way just to help my sorry ass.
Here is a funny photo that sums up a lot of these outings, we love you Doughy!

and man can that boy ride!!

That was it for bench racing and lattes, it was time to head back.
This time I followed a bunch of much more experienced riders up some roads I knew well
and to say the least I got my ass handed too me. I got a heck of a lot of learning to do.

After witnessing how much improvement my riding was in need of, I decided to go to my favorite dirt lot for some more practice.

a glory shot of the nXraid in the lot, and with a bit of dirt too

The coolest thing about the training session this time was not the dirt.
After zooming around, skidding and sliding I notice this big bird on a sign post just sitting there.
I was like "heck, that is one big bird" and when I looked closer I was stunned to see
that it was a hawk or a falcon. A bird of prey in the heart of a 2mil+ mega city!!
And it was just sitting there watching me, either for food or amusement, either way I was still blown away.
Man you just gotta love Canada for this, nothing like this happens anywhere else I have been before.
I took a photo of it that didn't turn out that well but at least I got it (thanks camera)
When I went in for a closer look it took off, but still wow.

After that I figured my good luck cards were already stacked pretty nicely for one day and it was time to head home.
The old girl worked hard today and earned herself a nice shower.

clean now, but ready to get dirty again

still loving my wee bike and the places it takes me
+ momento mori +

ArthDuro screwed with this post 03-28-2009 at 10:01 AM
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote