View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #49
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hey BB,

You will be a large.

The thermo liner in the REV'IT! Sirocco Jacket will take you down to about the high 30's just wearing normal layers under the coat. With a heated vest / layers on you should be able to take it down much further. It is wind proof with the liner(s) in.

While the REV'IT Cayenne Pro Jacket goes lower in temp out of the gates, from a heat perspective the Sirocco will absolutely perform better.

Based on what you have mentioned so far, I would steer you into the Sirocco unless you were dead set against the mid hip length.

Feel free to shoot me a line or give us a ring to chat as you get closer to making your decision.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing
Thanks for the reply.

I'm 5'9", 175 pounds, and 40/41 inch chest. I normally wear medium gear. I don't know where you measured, but measuring near the collar and then straight down on my current jacket I get about 28" or 29", so it sounds similar. The Rocket hits me about mid hip though.

I live in Southern Indiana and it gets hot and humid here. That, along with the length, is why I was considering the Scirroco. It does get cold and wet here though in the winters, which may be a problem. If I layer, and/or add a heated liner, underneath what kind of low temperature comfort do you think I can expect?

I am assuming that the Cayenne Pro is the most versatile all around jacket in the lineup.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote