View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #56
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 39
Dragon sizing and other stuff

Hi Anthony,

I need to get myself kitted out within a budget and was looking at the Dragon jacket as an ideal combo of price and features, a jacket I can wear year-round. I'm just starting out in riding (a real n00b) and will probably do more commuting and daytripping initially, and getting into longer touring with experience.

Looking at Rev'It sizing charts I'm still a bit unclear and want to confirm what size I should be looking at. As un hombre I'm height-challenged at 5'6", with a chest size of 40". I can fit into 38-39" suit jackets, but obviously with a moto jacket I'd like to be able to layer some fleece under if necessary. Is the medium going to be a good fit despite the fact I'm just above the chest size recommendation? And how's the length on that for someone my height?

As for pants I was thinking about the Zip as a do-it-all pant for commuting and daytripping. How has the feedback been for it? I haven't found too much about it except for the one review on your site. Sizing wise, I'm about a 30" x 29", but the 30" is based on wearing them right on or just below my hips. Is that how I would also wear moto pants or should they be pulled higher? Anyway, which size should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote