View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #804
dakariste
Over and over the hill...

Oddometer: 551
Longsleeve fleece shirt and pants, an Iphone, a waterproof minidisc player, a gps, a motorcycle and the following make for a perfect cold weekend getaway.

Fold-Over Fleece Gloves
Convertible gloves for maximum warmth
These convertible gloves will keep your hands warm without sacrificing dexterity. We matched windproof, three-layer poly fleece on the back with an anti-pilling, double-layer poly fleece on the palm to create a convertible glove that keeps your hands warm when you need it, and provides unimpeded access to your fingers when working with small flies or fine leader. Gloves have a trim, comfortable fit. Embossed polyurethane palm for sure grip. Convertible gloves available in black.

Exped Wallcreeper sleeping bag:

I have to lean back to make sure the bag is still on. Holds my tent, sleeping bag and water. It's a personal choice but I like it better than the Jesse Bags I sold for two or three day trips.
Arc'teryx made the Acrux 65 Backpack with 4090cu in of waterproof storage and a low 4lb 3oz (regular size) weight for alpine climbers casting off on massive 4-day-or-more routes. Seam-sealed VaporTight fabric and a roll-top closure make the Acrux 65 backpack completely impermeable to any mountain storm. The lid, dual aluminum frame stays, and molded Binary Hippods are removable for your ultralight summit push. Pre-molded shoulder straps add to this Arc'teryx pack's comfort, but it's the ability to keep your sleeping bag and down jacket dry for five days straight that makes the Acrux a favorite
dakariste is offline   Reply With Quote