View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #70
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
REVIT Dragon Jacket and Olympia AST comparison

Fred,

I like Olympia products. In my experience there is a lot of bang for the buck there and they hold up well. My experience with REV'IT! as a whole is that their gear does perform better and typically that "better" does cost a bit more. The extra cost between the brands goes into the materials used, R&D and construction. It does make a difference IMHO.

To compare the Olympia AST to the Dragon, obviously the styling will be different, even in Hi-Viz the Dragon is more muted. They both have a 3 liner (waterproof / breathable) detachable system with the waterproof liner being styled as a standalone windbreaker.

The cut & fit are the big differences, with the Dragon being the more svelte Euro cut as the AST is cut much more forgivingly to accommodate a range of "American" body types.

If you were swimming in the upper torso of the Olympia AST Large the XLarge Dragon should be more agreeable for you. If the XL is big on you (which it should not be) we offer prepaid return shipping on Size exchanges. Truthfully the only concern I have is the size of your "family beer belly" I will say it again, the euro cut is snug.

Let me know what else I could offer and feel free to give us a ring if need be. Happy to help.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf36
You guys are a great source of info for us unable to visit your showroom to try them on.

I'm interested in how the Dragon compares to the Olympia AST?

I currently have an Olympia AST size Large. It's generally quite comfortable, especially off the bike, but it seems too loose in the chest and even pulls up in the shoulders at highway speed. I'm thinking that it is not just a size issue but the bulky chest may be just how the AST is cut.

I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, 42" chest, 36" pant, and have inherited the family beer belly.

I kind of like the 3/4 length of the AST so am leaning toward an XL Dragon. What do you think?

Thanks, Rod

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote