View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #102
God of Speed
Lost when found..........

Oddometer: 1,058
i have yet more xl600 goodness:

i rode out to an enduro weekend and my xl was the only bike competing that had not come on a trailer. it didnt do too badly either and although i weigh less than half of what the bike does i had no trouble dodging the trees through the enduro course. but i only managed 5 laps before my tiny arms fell off.

on the 70minute highway journey home i thanked my lucky stars that i own what must be the ultimate allround motorcycle ever, no doubt seeing as a complete amateur can put a new clutch in without much trouble and then immediately ride 100ks out and flog it all weekend and then ride back home without a problem. let alone a bike thats over 20years old and cost less than 2500aud.

id like to see a 20 year old and cheaper than 2500aud thats not an xl do that. and if you can find one, then ask if it would stand up to a trip like the one i did cruising at 110kph for 8hours a day for several weeks! i dont think so.........
-
'85 XL600R-L-M-PDGSAZ
God of Speed is offline   Reply With Quote