View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
kurtw
Child of the Wind

Oddometer: 209
All-in-all, Fandango was a terrific route and had my favorite bits of riding from the day. I'll have to go back and explore some of the other tracks there sometime soon. The big 640A was a champ on this ride. As a matter of fact, I would almost say that this was a perfect ride for that bike. I really like the that kind of riding on it.

I think we hit Paisley around 2pm or so after logging about 150 miles of 95% dirt. Everyone had a late lunch at the cafe there. Those that were turning around for a return trip that afternoon were very conscious of the time of the 150 miles still to ride. The two groups shook hands and said goodbye.

For us campers, it was just a few miles down the road to Summer Lake Hot Springs, where our support driver, Dave waited with all our camping gear and more good food and beer than you could probably find in any other 100 sq mile chuck of south-central Oregon.

We set up camp in a rush, eager to clean up and relax in the sun and soak in the bath house.

Summer lake was funky. I liked it. It's uncanny how random places in the middle of the desert tend to attract the strangest assortments of people.

After a soak, dinner, and dessert, it wasn't long before I was ready for one of the soundest nights sleep that I've had in quite a while. Oh, Dave brought us desert.

Morning was beautiful and the morning really lit up the snow on Winter Rim behind the lake.

We couldn't enjoy it all day though...still plenty of riding to do.
kurtw is offline   Reply With Quote