View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #114
OftKilted
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger278
...What I can say is that the Infinity wicks well, and is likely to be usable in moderately hot weather, but it is not mesh, and can't be expected to perform like a t-shirt either. :)

As for the Genius/Tempest, they are EXACTLY the same other than the gauntlet.
While I can understand the dislike of giving something an expected thermal range, this information even in a limited form can provide valuable insight to buyers. Even comparing it to other garments in your own line can provide help. (As a note of comparison, both Scorpion and Rukka both provide limited thermal information in their catalog for 2009. Scorpion provides temperature ranges [which are likely conservative], and Rukka has a rather hazy temperature bar, that doesn't give actual numbers, just a bar that goes from blue to red and a general indication of where the gear is expected to fall in that range.)

As for the Infinity, thank goodness it doesn't behave like a t-shirt. They're not particularly good against road-rash ;-) And while they can be cool, wind and sun burn aren't my favorites.

I am extremely encouraged with the comments on the wicking aspect of the material. It sounds that with a solid base-layer for a given expected temperature it will give users much flexibility.

The confirmation that the only difference between the Genius and the Tempest is the gauntlet sounds like I may be looking back at the Tempest for cold and wet weather gloves. My Kelvin's tend to get rather soggy in the rain, even with the waterproof liner.

Question:
With the addition of the Gore-Tex to the stable of available materials, can we (hopefully) look forward to the possibility of Gore-Tex Pro Shell Leather gear coming from Rev'IT? (And that gear coming to the U.S.?)

Thanks again!
OftKilted is offline   Reply With Quote