View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #812
squonker OP
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10
Iveco trucks suck on a whole new level.

They sold a piece of shit to us, that you can never start and if by some act of god you actually get one running, don't you dare actually put any load in the bed.

Fucker is incapable of pulling a 12% grade with two humans and a 500 lb load.
They sell Iveco tractors in Canada? Never knew that! I really like the look of the Stralis but I've never even sat in one, let alone drive one. What engine has the one you drive got in it? David, I've not heard of people having problems with the Cursor engine before - in the UK you don't have any other choice of engine manufacturer if you buy an Iveco.

That's one of the biggest differences between truck manufacturing here and there. Over there, you buy a Volvo it has a Volvo engine. Buy a MAN it has a MAN engine, etc. They did put Mack lumps in Renault Magnums for a while, but it wasn't an option - if you wanted that particular horsepower output you had to get the Mack engine. ERFs had Gardners in them originally, not sure what they switched to after that. Cummins, I expect. The only truck they ever sold in the UK (since I was born) where you could actually spec different driveline features was Foden. Nice trucks, but like all the other British truck manufacturers they no longer exist.

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker screwed with this post 04-23-2009 at 10:13 AM
squonker is offline   Reply With Quote