Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #65
Idahosam
Set Adrift

Oddometer: 4,077
Yes sir once again I'm on the wrong island! Hi southeast thumper Well I found out I can fly over dirt cheap and was thinking of coming over for Memorial Day weekend, but most stuff is booked. Thinking of taking my sleeping bag and renting a cage just sleep in the back seat or Have small tent too. This sounds like a fun event to observe.

So, I am checking into shipping my bike over and I guess Matson is the only interisland carrier. OR I was thinking if I come over for Memorial weekend to see about a cheap reliable M/C that I could leave so I could come over more easily Do you know of any DS's for sale that are affordable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southest US Thumper
There are only a few truly organized off-road races over here and they're generally run in a Hare and Hound format.

Labor Day has the Hardcore on Kauai:

&ampampampnbsp
&ampampampnbsp

Around Thanksgiving there's the Turkey Trot on Oahu:

&ampnbsp
&ampnbsp

And here we have the Mauna Kea 200 on Memorial Day

This year’s event will be both Saturday and Sunday for ’street legal’ bikes. Unlicensed bikes and ATVs will run just Sunday. Saturday will be 100-120 miles in Kulani forest. Sunday will be around the mountain. Long day Saturday, quick ride on Sunday. The start Saturday will be at the parking area at the Upper Waiakea ATV/Dirt Bike Park on Stainback Highway, finish will be along Saddle Road, same place as last year. Sunday will start and finish at Mauna Kea State Park.

So who's in? I'm probably going to shoot video and fotos since I'm not going to be 100% by then. Last year folks came from the East and the West coasts.

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote