View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #60
mikepa
SideCzarist

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker
These tires, be they 135, 145, 155, or 165r15 are really not that hard to find. The Nexen, Kumo, and Nankangs are being cranked out in the Orient. B.F. Goodrich and others are supplying 165r15's for the street rod market. Vredenstien, Michelin are still making them for old VW's and Saab's.

Stroker
For those with "Stoker" wheels, I did a quick search and found these M+S rated BF Goodrich 155/80R-15 Radial T/A's on the Summit Racing website. They're "S" rated (112MPH), have a load rating of 1.069 lbs, 24.7" diameter, and 6.10" section or shoulder width, and "A" traction rating. They come with a 6-year warranty against materials and workmanship defects (no road hazard). Unfortunately, they come with RWL (Raised White Lettering), but I now know about black-out paint .

Best of all, they're only $69.95 (as of 11 May 09) and are in stock. I'm going to order one and see how it fits/works. Actually, given Claude's sage advice, I guess I should order two!

Here's the URL:

BFGoodrich 155/80R-15 from Summit

EDIT/UPDATE: So, I did listen to Claude, and ordered two tires. Summit did have them in stock. Shipping and handling was only $27.00 additional, not bad these days. I'm liking this! I just finished a ride from Seattle to SanFran. Though I left with new rubber (Tourances), after doing 299, 3, and 36 on the way down, my tire was toast. Marin BMW was good enough to get me in for a tire change on short notice, which was good, but the charge for a new Tourance and installation was a whopping $326.00 thank you very much!

Best,
'04 BMW R1150GS Adventure/Ural "WarBird" (UberHack 3.0)
http://www.globeriders.com
Kenmore, WA
USA

"The world is a book and those that do not travel, read only a page." - St. Augustine

"...not all those that wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

mikepa screwed with this post 05-11-2009 at 01:42 PM
mikepa is offline   Reply With Quote