View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
rturchan OP
BAJA BOB

Oddometer: 7
OK, I rode it and here are the tracks and report

Dual Sport or Adventure bike ride starting in Pine Mountain Ca. and ending in Santa Maria CA.
Details:
Ridden with Honda XR 650R
Fire roads and some Pavement
Difficulty: Easy
This ride is designed to be ridden in two days with a stay over at the Travelodge in Santa Maria ( tel 805-922-2123). Many may want to run the complete trip in one day.
120 mile fuel range needed
Suitable for light dual sport bikes to larger adventure bikes KTM 990, BMW HP2 and BMW GS 1200, etc. )

Description:
Fuel is 2.2 miles north of the intersection of highway 33 and Quatal canyon road (9N09)
Dual sport or adventure bikes for all sections.
The “Hrd” section is a little softer and the Novice on a heavy Adventure bikes might want to skip this. There are about six gates to open and close in the “ 2 Hrd” section.

The remainder of the ride is hard packed graded dirt roads.
No single track or sand washes in any sections.
Pack your lunch or stop at The Burger Barn at 4905 Perkins Rd, New Cuyama, CA 93254. 661-766-2466
We started in Pine Mountain , staging at a campsite just a few hundred yards from the intersection of Mil Protrero Road and Quatal Canyon road. When traveling from Los Angeles , head to Frazier Park, exit Frazier Mountain Park Road and travel west for 6.9 miles to Cuddy Road. Continue another 5.5 miles to the town of Pine Mountain. From the Golf course ( in the middle of Pine Mountain club) head 3.8 miles on Mil Protrero Road (forest highway 95) to Quatal Canyon road and park a the first campsite on your left.
For you Adventure bike riders, just ride there on your bikes and continue with the tracks. There is Fuel after about 20 miles off the 33 highway at “Pistachios”. This is marked on the tracks as a waypoint. There was no fuel in Cayuma when we went so your next Fuel is in Santa Maria, 115 miles from here. I am having trouble uploading the GPS tracks, but I'll keep trying.... Bob

rturchan screwed with this post 05-16-2009 at 12:02 PM
rturchan is offline   Reply With Quote