View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #77
cagiva549
whats a cagiva

Oddometer: 2,454
I bought my Mother a 78 ford class C several years ago , she wanted to run around a bit . I told her she could go any where she wanted to as long as she could get there in a day , that way I could go and rescue it and be back in a day when it broke . I think I only rescued it one time in ten years . The problum with a class C is the chassis is maxed out before you ever get in it let alone pack for a long trip . Class A's with small wheels and tires are just as bad , the chassis is just too weak . Bluebird and Prevost stand head and shoulders above the rest of the croud , you can do anything you want with it . Even the front engine BB is fine although somewhat limited on power . I couldn't turn my mother loose in the 82 Bluebird , it was too complicated for her . I had to do minor repairs on the road a few times , nothing serious , usally fuel problums or AC issues . Nothing ever stranded it , it always made it home . It sure was comfortable to travel in . We drove it from New Orleans to Houston non stop one time and never got below 60 mph . 280 gallon fuel tank gave it good fuel range , I would slide the seat back let my SIL hold it and take over so I could go P break or Beer break or whatever . If we had kept it long enough I would have tried to shoehorn a Silver 92 V-6 in , that would have been 400 hp , I think it would have been happy with hills then . SEYA
05 ST3 duck
07 KTM 450 EXC
86 Goldwing my geezer ride
cagiva549 is offline   Reply With Quote