Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #11050
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol
Yeah, but there's probably a big difference between a bike-specific chain like Performance and an all-purpose outdoors store that also sells bikes like REI. I've never had any bad experiences with the bike folks at REI, but that may be because I go there for camping and climbing gear, and elsewhere for bike stuff.

Mercury: I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but I've had good experiences with WheelWorks on Trapelo Rd. in Belmont, and it should be pretty easy to get to for someone coming from outside 128. There are lots of other bike shops in the area with good reputations too, but WW is the one that I have the most personal experience with.

(And I hope you're right about the good weather this weekend. Other than a couple hours toodling around the carriage roads in Acadia NP in Maine last weekend, I haven't gotten in a ride in the last 2 weeks, and it's really starting to affect my mood.)
Thanks.

Llandry's is the closest LBS to me - it's just in a PIA place (if you know where it is, you know what I mean) so I was going to take it there.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote