flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Whatcha selling?!

OH, you mean PEDAL!

Gotcha.

To answer the question: always go out into the headwind. That way, you get the workout in while yer fresh. This is especially important in the winter.

M

DAMN IT!!! I MEANT PEDAL!!!!

I only have really one safe route for road bike riding, because it has the paved shoulder outside the rumble strips on the higway. I have to ride 10 miles to get to a paved county road, so I always leave to the north and return from the south, so my ride is usually the same. This time the north wind was only about 15 - 20 mph, but it just was kicking my butt. It doesn't help that I am 6'3" and about 235. I am still working on the losing weight thing and it is coming off slowly in inches, but my weight is staying that same, so that is the muscle which is good for me also.

I tried staying down in the drops and I even used the clip-on aero bars, but it seemed like I was pulling a kite behind me and I was at times pulling two or three of them while even going down hill.