View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #28
Hamilton Felix
Part Time Good Guy

Oddometer: 306
Thumb

SIDI On Road Gore-Tex. I'm wearing them right now, at work. I commute on the bike, They have been comfortable from day one. I had a very minor bout of plantar fasciitis a while ago, so I have Dr. Scholl's cushioned heel inserts in them right now. Very comfortable.

I bought these during a sale at Cycle Barn in 2007, if memory serves. Checking just now, I see the retail list price has increased. I'm sure I paid well below $300.

I am size 11 in American sizes. That's what I ordered, that's what fits, with "medium" socks (not super thick, not very thin).

I wanted boots I could wear for all-around use, and I wanted unremarkable appearance. These fit the bill.

They really are waterproof. In the course of my job, I sometimes stand for several minutes at a time, in icewater above ankle depth, inside the scrollcase of a hydro turbine. They do not leak.

I'm sold.

"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction."
-- Thomas Jefferson - (1743-1826), in a letter to John Adams
Hamilton Felix is offline   Reply With Quote