View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #30
mistercindy
In a state of equilibrium

Oddometer: 2,905
I'd avoid Sidi's Lorica boots

Four or five years ago I bought a pair of Sidi Champions. They're fine all-round boots, except they're made of Lorica which does not breathe like leather. After a day in the saddle in hot weather my feet looked like they'd been in a bathtub all day. Lots of folks seem to get along with Sidi's Lorica boots, but I didn't. I stopped wearing them after a few months, and replaced them with all leather boots. Lots of Sidi's boots are made from Lorica, and if you sweat a lot its something to keep in mind.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your other questions. They were a size 45 and fit just fine (I'm typically an American size 11 to 11 1/2 with a medium or D width). I bought them at my local BMW dealership. Its been a while so I can't be certain of the price, but I think it was around $180. The Champions were discontinued a few years ago.
  • Pros: Fit well; comfortable for walking; excellent retention; I like the lugged sole; good ankle and shin protection
  • Cons: The lorica material doesn't allow the feet to breath (my biggest complaint); velcro straps on the outside of the calf make it a minor PITA to put on and take off (not a deal killer, though)

The following statement is true.

The above statement is false.

mistercindy screwed with this post 06-03-2009 at 08:20 AM
mistercindy is offline   Reply With Quote