Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. amazing ricardo

amazing ricardo Piste Off

Oddometer:
    surfboards without squeeky horns...
  2. AZ-Twin

AZ-Twin Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer:

Yeah, a factory made Diesel stick shift land cruiser that is not manufactured for use in the USA, try getting a tag for that.

I can weld together a bunch of shit, and propel it with junkyard crap from the 1970s, no problem, here is your tag, have a nice day. But import something cool, made in a factory, designed by engineers, that you can't buy over here, no furking way man, get your wallet out.

Bastards...
  3. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    I think he would have gotten a few more stage wins, and probably avoided some of the heartbreak and hassle that they had to deal with on the rule/organizational end of things.

But, he would have been following orders, and would never have had the chance to ride for his own (overall) win.

I also don't think this place would have become quite what it is today without Jonah and RallyPanAm crusading to put a privateer on the podium. It was a David and Goliath story that really captured people's imagination and passion here.

Thanks, Guys. :freaky
  4. PackMule

Oddometer:
    Anyone notice if Cyril still has the "MAREK" covers on the motor that he got from Dabrowski?
  5. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    gnight guys... see you in the morning! not much longer till the wives see us again!
  6. PackMule

Oddometer:
    Best news of the day! :clap
  7. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    :cry I still have a couple weeks left before I see my hubby. It's been 2 weeks since I've even spoke to him. Dakar is a love/hate relationship for me.
  8. PackMule

Oddometer:
    Tough day at the office!

The Aussie's are massively impressive this year. I hope they keep coming back, they'll launch one into the top ten.

I think it's a love/hate relationship for most of us. :lol3 :lobby
  9. thegraydog

thegraydog 2 wheels X 6 ways

Oddometer:
    In the occasional mention of racers we admire and miss, like Jonah Street, I haven't seen mentioned Chris Blais. He was on the podium when I started to hear about Dakar. He augured in,training in the Nevada desert, nothing much as I recall. But that's how it can go. Here's to you, Chris.
  10. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    :nod
  11. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amazing ricardo [​IMG]
    ATVs... sideXsides... retard chariots... motocross bikes... i have a friend that has a street legal truggy... yup... robbies hummer is prolly street legal in AZ... :clap:clap:clap

god bless arizona!!!:wink:

How did you know Amazing Ricky
    [​IMG]
  12. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 :clap :clap :clap :clap
  13. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, good morning :hmmmmmnot been too many Ozzies around?

The knives have been being sharpened for months and have been out over the last days – last night we saw a “Psycho” style attack on HRC :D
    Now the story or rumour commenced on real time ADV from an external source – was that source speculgating, or was it well founded? :ear
    It was rather quick and Helder seemed to be some way from home, no hint of the issue in the subsequent reporting by Helder – has anyone been out to check on the bush, was it on fire?:evil
    So is this a non story and a few Red faces :shog guilty of a feeding frenzy on HRC, or a cover up – I’m sure the speculation will continue.:lol3
    One thing for sure though is that Honda have, are still and will continue in attracting a lot of focus:clap They say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but sometimes you are not so sure?:evil
    Let’s backtrack and think about what they have achieved from a standing start. Love them or hate them for their methodical approach, when you are spending so much money a corporation like Honda, or any other for that matter, will do it by the book, not the seat of the pants.:deal
    Yes there will be mistakes and learning – they call that R&D and I think if we are all honest this is what this Dakar was about for HRC – perhaps we have been expecting too much? – but we have seem glimpses.:clap Also don't forget that they lost their 2nd and 3rd riders a month before the event - a big hit for them and the guys.:eek1
    Realtime reporting can be a harsh bedfellow, but it will be interesting to see where they are in 3, 6 9 and 12 months. :pynd
    Considering the time KTM and Speedbrain have had to develop their efforts, this is not unreasonable?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    ------Then maybe you can kick the shit out of them :rofl:rofl:rofl
  14. PackMule

Oddometer:
    Chris' wife Patty is an inmate here (Gidget) and checks in from time to time. His image is on the banner art for RallyRAIDio.

[​IMG]

Isidre Esteve was another who suffered a very similar injury to Chris. It has not been a kind decade to our Dakar Heroes. :waysad
  15. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  16. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It'll be expired when he gets back. Hope he doesn't get a ticket. :D

G'night all.
  17. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hot off facebook, for all you facebook boyfriends, Im afraid I havesome bad news for you about our Laia:

While you were all arguing, about dating, Dave got her!
    :lol3:lol3 :clap
    [​IMG]

He claims "We camped next door last night...." But I dont believe a word of it!!

He looks tired, she looks refreshed! :photog
  18. PackMule

Oddometer:
    From RMS/GSNorCal (Dave)

"We camped next door last night..."
    [​IMG]

:D

LOL, :205 by Neil. Guess I spent too much time looking at the pic before I posted it. :lol3
  19. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    Yep, I saw that too.
  20. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :webers

As have the South Africans :D

Brett Cummings still going strong in the mid 50's over all

Darryl Curtis has not had a great rally but is in the 20's.

Riaan Van Niekerk has been consistently 15/16 for 5 days in a row now.

Aussies and Saffas are neck and neck.

Tragically our Zambian competitor Dave Reeve crashed in the river today. He was doing so well!

From FB 8 hrs ago (hopefully not 205)

David Reeve's Zambia Dakar 2013 Challenge

Not gud news. David over handlebars in river. Broken left leg. No Xray yet so unable 2 confirm if both bones or not. skin not broken like Brian and Barret. he talking in pain doctors with him. will send more info as we get.it in. BANDA

Then a 42 minutes ago

David Reeve's Zambia Dakar 2013 Challenge

David has broken his left shin bone. He is in a plaster cast and is to be moved to Catamarca Hospital for a pin before being flown to Johannesburg. He is otherwise OK and was sleeping when I last saw him. CB1

:cry

Heart wrenching stuff. I wonder how that happened.... Must have been a freakish accident. He was doing so so well, a rookie to the Dakar, running close to or ahead of Lyndon.