Triumph Scrambler

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by danger_dave, May 29, 2006.

1. b0rderman

b0rderman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    congrats on the new scram T2T....you exhibited excellent decision making skills :beer
  2. henryII

henryII Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Congrats :1drinkI think that color is awesome
  3. xaman

xaman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats, that really is a very attractive color.

I got to ride mine a little today, and it just always puts a smile in my face. Today was fantastic weather, so the wife wanted to come along. The scrambler is such a versatile machine, can do a little of anything, and always looks good whatever its doing.
  4. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliments guys, after lusting over the khaki green for so long I have to admit that the grey is really growing on me. No regrets whatsoever. The wife on the otherhand isn't too happy that her car has to sit outside now as the two bikes take priority :lol3 As with all the bikes I've had, the day dreaming about mods and trips is endless. I have the AI removal kit on order and am looking at exhausts, skid plate, light grill etc...planning a trip to New Foundland/Nova Scotia for early summer as well. In the meantime I'm just taking short jaunts around the neighborhood until it warms up a bit. I'll post up pics as the mileage racks up. Let the good times roll!
  5. MightyChosen1

MightyChosen1 I wanna be sedated

Oddometer:

I'm not a fan of matt paint but that color is growing on me. I have been getting the itch to change my Scrambler's color once again.

All silver is starting to bore me. I am thinking of two tone silver/green or gloss black like this bike:

[​IMG]

The girls pleasant to look at too. :D
  6. vonfink13

vonfink13 2013 Scrambler

Oddometer:
    Love the matte graphite. I have the same bike. My winter mods begin this weekend. Taking off the heat shields and the back mufflers and having them powder coated in high temp flat black. Also removing the baffles on the mufflers and a nice black skid plate is on order from the local dealer. Gonna be a good couple weeks.
  7. ZappBranigan

ZappBranigan Still Riding

Oddometer:
    What's the story behind that bike? Looks like it has T100 lower forks (with the attachment points for the fender brackets.)

Only reason I asked is because I have a T100 fender and it would be fun to be able to paint it and put it on the Scram, but with no attachment points for the fender braces, I'd worry about the fender flapping around too much.
  8. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    I like the matte graphite 2T. I can see a couple of routes with it (at least :evil).
    A 60's style with lots of chrome and anodized/polished theme, or blacking out parts to go with the silver matte. Among others themes...
    It will look good either way!
    Have fun dressing it up to your own vision. :evil

The Scrambler is so due for something else other than the matte khaki.
  9. chasssmash

chasssmash Banned

Oddometer:
    I have one on my scrambler without fender brackets and it doesn't flap around at all
  10. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed, and with all the positive comments on this thread about the matte graphite, it makes me feel that much better about my decision. The cosmetic upgrades will come but I gotta get that exhaust/airbox opened up. All I can hear is a teasingly muffled version of what this thing needs to sound like. I'm thinking TORs to keep the original look but may go with Arrow depending on what kind of deal I can get.
  11. 2T2_Ryder

2T2_Ryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, the sun came out today finally. Still cold but with only 20 miles on the Scram from her maiden voyage, I had to get out for some riding. Cruised some NJ backroads and found some dirt roads that I hadn't been on before:

Quaker cemetary circa 1632:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cornfield in the middle of nowhere:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped in here to warm up. Awesome apple pie and coffee:

[​IMG]

Random reservoir:

[​IMG]

All in all a good day, racked up 212 miles total. Just another 300 and I can get my first service and start to romp on it a little more!
  12. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got a few extra bits for my Scrambler. Ordered two sets of the2wheels.com levers by accident. Really like the levers but don't need the extra set. I ll do $30 shipped if someone wants the the extra set. Got in a good ride today. Really enjoying this bike. LEVERS ARE SOLD! Thanks!

A few pics of the levers and bike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. none

none Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Levers look like nice items. Are those pivot pegs on there?
  14. Graniteone

Graniteone 3,2,1...Beer me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, Pivot Pegz. I am a big fan.
  15. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    sent you a pm about the levers
    i am very interested

Thanks,
    Jeff

16. Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    just sent you the money for the levers
    thanks

Sno Dawg
  17. htono

htono n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi and please help me,

My new Scrambler starts at idle, but when cold dies a sudden death whenever 1800 RPM is reached. After it starts warming up the rev limit starts to rise, until at some undetermined point it runs well.
    After I stop and the bike cools down for a few minutes it goes through the cycle again. When I use the choke at mid position it will run well for a few seconds near 2000 RPM and then die. If I start it again with the choke at half position it will start and climb revs until it hits 2000 and then dies again. At that point I need to warm it at idle for a sustained period of time.

It started doing it brand new. I bought the bike with an Arrow 2-1 and remapped by dealer. My dealer couldn't replicate the problem, simply re-installed the map and gave it back stating that the bike runs properly.

During the holidays, with the dealership closed for the holidays, the issue started worsening and doing it more and more often. Still, I forged ahead and did multiple mods:

AI, O2, Pod filters, TTP Tune 4 (through TuneECU), Eatern Beaver relay cables, 7" headlight, LED turn signals, Ignition relocation, Hammarhead handlebar, etc.

The bike ran well through the holidays and mods, albeit with the starting issue always present, and gradually worsening.

Today it simply will not get out of the rev limited mode and simply cannot ride the bike.

The dealership is still closed for the holidays.

Tune ECU reports no errors. I've tried (with no success):

1. Remapping
    2. Checked MAP hoses
    3. Removed gas cap
    4. Removed gas tank relief hose
    5. Checked fuses

What could it possibly be?

Thanks a lot.

Henrique, the desperate one.
  18. tvscum

tvscum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you checked the the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) voltage? You can do this in TuneECU. The voltage should be at 0.60 with an acceptable range of 0.58 to 0.62 (though some people on Triumphrat have set it higher).

Some info is here:
    http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...s-adjustment-efi-bonneville-and-dfco-mod.html

Adjust the TPS to 0.60. Then, do an "adaption reset" in TuneECU. Then, perform the adaption procedure with the bike cold (idle the bike for 10 to 15 minutes) until the TPS light in TuneECU turns green.
  19. Boola-Boola

Boola-Boola Scramblin' Man

Oddometer:
    So... it had a problem from new, which wasn't resolved to your satisfaction and is getting worse, and you STILL pressed ahead with a shedload of mods!!?? :huh What were you thinking?? :fpalm

Not meaning to sound harsh here, but I wouldn't have gone ahead and done all those mods until I was satisfied that the machine was 'right'. You say yours had an issue from day one, pretty much, but you still couldn't wait to quite possibly void your warranty with mods anyway. With it left as supplied you would have had warranty rights to get it sorted - maybe even extending as far as getting a complete replacement under warranty if the dealer couldn't figure the problem.

If I were in your shoes, I'd now be putting it back to factory stock condition in time for the dealer reopening (do they always have such long winter holidays?) and hoping that Triumph's warranty could get it sorted properly or else replaced.

We can surely eliminate the original tune, airbox/filter, AI or O2 causing this. The cold start is still there, and whatever it interacts with (TPS perhaps?), so could they have an involvement in the problem? I don't know if the cold start actuator just advances the throttle position slightly when pulled - if it does then maybe it could take an incorrectly set TPS (as tvscum suggests checking) outside of limits that the ECU could cope with on a cold engine? Interesting problem to try and get to the bottom of - but I'd still get busy refacilitating the dealer/warranty route ASAP.

Hope you get it sorted anyway, dude - either from some wisdom on the forums or by the dealer under warranty.
  20. vonfink13

vonfink13 2013 Scrambler

Oddometer:
    pulled the heatshields and mufflers today...tmrw the whole lot gets a nice flat black powder coating...but first...a bafflectomy..!!!

[​IMG]