kubiaks tw650

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by kubiak, Jul 12, 2012.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Yeah, buy a drum brake front TW wheel assy and the spokes/hoop will fit the rear hub.

I was doing that to a TW so I could run 18's front and rear, had to sell the bike mid-project for a tax bill I didn't see coming. :cry
  2. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    i know, i look at pics of my bike from a few weeks ago with the nice tires it had before and think they look small and funny! sheesh!
  3. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    darn taxes always come at the worst time!
  4. rubRsidedown

rubRsidedown Long timer

Oddometer:
    VERY nice build.

My Wife loved her TW when she had it and now she loves her 650gs, to merge the two, that's just awesome.

Impressive!!! :clap
  5. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    some big company should make a big tw, i think they would sell a lot of them. if i had some say in a big company i would develop a bigger tw series and a bigger street legal honda fatcat or yamaha bw type bike. well maybe not because my bike would be something anyone could buy lol!
  6. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    Having owned both the f650 and a tdub, I think Kubiak hit the nail on the head with his latest creation. I was forced to sell the f650 last year to relieve finical tensions. My TW is my only street legal vehicle at the moment and absolutely love it! If I could wrangle an F650 back into the stable I would be content without owning a 4 wheeled hard sided motorycle(until winter comes around and it stays below 0 degrees for weeks on end.)
  7. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    im putting the tw wheel you sold me to good use! i couldnt be happier with the way it turned out. it even stopped me from looking at all the new bikes for my next dream bike! im just enjoying the bike with the tw wheel for now while i test it for durability i have put about 700 hard miles on it so far with no problems. i cant believe how cheap new parts are for the tw wheel are, i bought new sealed bearings for under 3 bucks each from allballs, new factory spoke kit for about 30 bucks and going to get some new brake shoes for 15 bucks. im keeping the drum brake setup now too!
  8. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dunno, I think it needs a new sub-frame. :rofl
  9. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    wait im getting mixed up here, i got the body panels from you. i put those to good use too lol!
  10. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea i can use a new subframe for sure, mine is hacked up by grinding all the mounts off and the backend off to drop weight. that can be my next big project!
  11. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    changed the rear rack and exhaust. took off the big rack and put back on a ktm 950 rack.
  12. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    top pic of the rack
  13. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    Haha yeah.. I just read that lol. I still got that light in the box in the garage. I'm going to throw it on the tw one of these days. I just haven't had the coin to buy the conversion kit to make it street legal
  14. kirkster70

kirkster70 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kubiak,

you are a VERY talented individual!!!!

More great work, as usual. Thanks for posting your pics!

:clap
  15. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    do they check for stuff like that in your state? in california you need high and low beam but i just aimed the light more towards the road so it wouldnt blind anyone and it was fine. make sure you post pics when you get the headlight on!
  16. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks kirkster!
  17. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    The garage I go to for inspection is pretty lick'em stick'em on bikes so I'm not worried about passing inspection. Long story short, the company I work for is very strict on vehicle appearance/noise. Blinding the locals on my way into work at night would not help my company's reputation with the locals.
  18. kubiak

kubiak Long timer

Oddometer:
    yea you would be better off seting it up right, dont want to set a bad example. did you check out that electric box i sent with the light? i didnt know if that was some sort of resistor for high low beam or for something else.
  19. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    It is a regulator/rectifier for bikes that run direct from the stator. I'd be running off a fuse block so I would be able to skip that.
  20. ergomoto

ergomoto FOCUS ON THE THROUGH.

Oddometer:
    Kicks following your wanderlust build Kubiak. Thanks for keeping the forum posted:wink:

I have been trying to read back through these many threads where your bike's progress was featured, in this case when the paint came of the lower frame rails. Wasn't it when you moved your side stand? Is that why you still us the lower rails, at least on the left side? Pardon again my asking, if this an old topic more than covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find my way back to the rail work and why. I've seen some 650's go without these lower rails, after relocating the only items they seem to serve: side stand, regulator, and stock bash plate. Now the new Husqvarna looks to be doing away with them as well. What's your take on removing these and any plans to follow suit, finding much needed ground clearance.

Cheers,
    Mark S