SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. desert dog

desert dog scrub basher

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Cheers Mitta Matty
  2. Domonsura

Domonsura Mad Bastard

Oddometer:
    :rofl There's half the problem Gasman - the original tank isn't 17 litres - it's 14........range=160km to be on the safe side....

Do yourself a favour and put the Safari back on, (and then make a point of FILLING it before EVERY ride......:wink: ) I haven't run out of gas once and I've already done nearly 4000km on it.....
  3. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    well there ya go I was thinking it was 17..
    Iam in no hurry to put the big tank on, dammed if I do and dammed if I don't with that..........you only have to go as far as the smallest tank on a ride.

The bike was designed as a hot rod not as a long distance tourer, I like it better as a hot rod, I just have to get my head around planning things out a bit more.

how are you going with yours anyway?

be good to catch up for a ride sometime.

cheers
    A.
  4. emuooz

emuooz Emu

Oddometer:
    It's a clear tank for F#$K sake put 30lts in it ride it till the fuel light comes on and you have got 5lts left which equates to about 50k's or when you can't see much fuel in it it's probley about to STOP don't worry about an extra 15 kilo's of fuel fill it up and ride it. I hope this has been of some help "Run out of Gasman" Cheers Emu :D
  5. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its my toy and I'll do what I like with it .......:lol3

short of putting food dye on the fuel, it is really quite hard to see what the fuel level is especially below 1/2 to 2/3rds
    with the big tank when the fuel light comes on you still have at least about 100k's (which is the same as the average enduro bike from full)

Iam at least 20kg overweight (serious now) and that is about the same as 20 litres of fuel on top of 30 litres of fuel in the tank.............the thing just won't pull up with that kind of weight, let alone have any sort of fun with the bike.

Iam not used to having a working speedo on a bike let alone having to think about fuel range.......
    On Jizza's ride I reset the trip meter by accident and on this last ride I couldn't seem to set it whilst riding so didn't bother.

If I was with a fussy crowd on either ride I would have paid more attention, its all part of the day out.
    I had a spare litre of fuel in my backpack until we got to Goolwa then after talking with one of the blokes I decided it was a bit silly to be carrying the extra fuel on my back...................

ahh its all good :rofl
  6. Sol Erzenberg

Sol Erzenberg Lost somewhere

Oddometer:
  7. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Yep....seem to have sorted the handling probs quite nicely....:nod

:zilla
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wj3x7NdEiwY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  8. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    I feel really sorry for you Adrian, it's almost impossible, no - read impossible, to believe that you've run out of fuel three times in a row, even with 30 and 14 litres of capability:huh.

In order to assist you in the future during any ride that you and I might both be on, I will stay behind you at all times (no choice really!) with spare fuel and a camera. Ride with your fingers crossed that you don't run out again should those circumstances occur - you will endure a thread of your own:lol3.

And finally, thankyou, because whilst you're the focus of attention the bastards are leaving everyone else alone, including me!!!!!:rofl
  9. Sol Erzenberg

Oddometer:
    Adrian, do you want to swap it for a fully tricked up 690R ? :wink:
  10. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Why's that George? :scratch
  11. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    happy to help out Trev...:D

yes I noticed the handling in the video as well, I have been focused on the front end, but that rear is way too tight.
    but I have had to work out what i want the bike for..........touring with the big tank and lots of weight and braking very very early for corners..............or trying to keep up with late model enduro bikes ..(Jizzas ride)

might add.tho its worth nothing...........I have never run a bike out of fuel before..........:huh

Sol..........is it tricked out enough that it has an extra cylinder......just for the noise you understand..:evil

and you know the thing I like about Marty was.............I said you know if I didn't have this I would seriously think about an R1..............and he said .............you know there was one at Poocarrie and he rode up to some sandy hill that some other dirtbikes wouldn't do .............and he did it on road tyres............

plus look at the video.......the look on Marty's face is not ..what's this idiot doing............but ......yea ok he got this far..........

its all about putting a smile on your dial :clap
  12. Sol Erzenberg

Oddometer:
    So true, all good mate..:thumb
  13. nazza

nazza Trouble Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi guys :wave
    I am soon to be a SA Adv rider. Moving to Port Lincoln with Matty. I hope to get to meet some more of you, maybe at the classic. Met some on my way through a few months ago.
  14. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    Welcome to SA nazza. Sorry we missed each other last time you were here. See you at the Classic.
  15. nazza

nazza Trouble Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Kipo, look forward to it! I hear you will do my dishes for me wearing a frilly apron. And I will make sure I bring plenty of washing for you to do.
    Someone else missed me when I went through SA but he chased me over in WA :evil Silly boy!

Do you know if Jim (from the bike shop) is coming to this one?
  16. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    Well done :clap and wecome back.

This time we'll get you around the entire PAR system in comfortable circumstances, and no need to switch on the SPOT. :deal And I've perfected a tree avoidance technique I can show you too.

Just bring sticks for you-know-who, and maybe a small container of PULP for one of our mates who is having some trouble with fuel supplies at the moment:lol3:lol3
  17. Sol Erzenberg

Oddometer:
    Hi Nazza, welcome to SA..:thumb
  18. kipo

kipo South Australian Tiger Resistance Group

Oddometer:
    Hi nazza,

Glad you're looking forward to the Classic, please bring a tea towel :lol3.

I think you mean Phil or Big Al from the bike shop? Big Al is coming but Phil is more into road racing. (I will be camped a long way from Big Al as I sold a house across the road from him to some undesirables and he still hasnt forgiven me and will probably murder me in my sleep)

Just as a side note now you're a South Aussie, we have fritz on our sandwiches here not devon. And anyone from over the east is a Mexican and we don't trust them because they stole our Grand Prix.

Cheers,
  19. Phil_Fong

Phil_Fong Over Regulated

Oddometer:
    Nazza !

welcome to land of schnitzel :clap

they have 5 star restaurants or service stations with menu pages dedicated to beef, chicken or squid schnitzel

and the Bung Fritz is all lips and no arseholes, guaranteed. :D
  20. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:
    Not just in SA Fongy

[​IMG]

& I'm thinking of joining this
    [​IMG]

Gateshutter????