LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Jaimoto

Jaimoto Spaniard in Chile

Oddometer:
    14,400 lumens in that pic. You don't wanna see us coming offroad by night ...
  2. SammyTheSlider

SammyTheSlider You have insufficient privileges to reply here

Oddometer:
    You need to mark down the model 44's that much ...lol. Then I can get one to mach my 30's ;-)

BTW: magnificent lights, I have had the model 30's on my 919 for about two months, and I absolutely love them. When I ride from Orlando to Camp Blanding (out side of Jacksonville) at 0300-0400 they definitely light up the road.
  3. LWRider

LWRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We did play with the idea of turning the mount around backwards so the lights could tuck back further, behind the turn signals. The lights are too deep for that, though and would hit the turn signal bars.
  4. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, lots of critters out and about at those hours!
  5. SammyTheSlider

SammyTheSlider You have insufficient privileges to reply here

Oddometer:
    Ya know, I honestly did not know how many were "hiding in the shadows" until I fired up your lights...lol.
  6. cowboyflt

cowboyflt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ordered this light the first of the week & it's already here in the middle of nowhere! Great service!! Thanks a bunch. Can hardly wait to get them mounted & on the road.:clap
  7. Dennismoore

Dennismoore n00b

Oddometer:
    LED lights have been best suited in terms of energy saving and brightness. In all my bikes I make use of led lights.
  8. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need to tidy up the wiring and add a fuse on the hot side. I'd also like to add a relay off the ignition so that someone walking by doesn't turn them on and kill the battery.

I was riding behind another inmate yesterday and he commented that these are very bright. Said I'd probably piss off some cars at night. :lol3
  9. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    Model 60 dimmed at ~50%, shows nicely the additional visibility during the day.

[​IMG]

You can also see the sun as reflection on the screen (minor in comparison the LED's) :D

[​IMG]
  10. Ricky Chuck

Ricky Chuck She's heavy but I love her

Oddometer:
    Do you guys just run the lights down to off with the fob then bring it back up to what looks like 50%, or is there some known number of clicks on the fob that gets there :). I would probably ride around worrying that I was sitting at 65% if I tried to just set it and forget it, lol.

Sanjoh, I re-read most of this thread last night looking for a post that helps one judge they have, in my case, set the M30 up on the left well enough that it goes downrange nicely but doesn't blind on coming. Since it doesn't cut off, is there a distance where one could step off, for instance, and know that if the spot seems to be "right there" then it is aimed correctly? Mine are on the forks about a quarter of the way down. I do have a 300' back yard, I guess I could step it off...dang, it rained last night, though...thanks!
  11. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    The last two days:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's still not done yet, I'm sure I still have a half a day of cleanup and I have to wire in the USB and cable for the android phone that uses DualSportMaps.com for backcountry riding. Also finish the roadbook wiring.
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your business!

Seems the most convienent setup is to connect the dimmer to switched power (on/off with the bike). The lights will come on at the dimmed setting with full power on high beam.

I would setup the light for max distance and use the dimmed setting to be traffic friendly. Running full power with traffic is ok during the day. The lights should be dimmed for traffic at night, using high beams when no traffic.
  13. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beautiful pictures:clap
  14. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow, I admire your patience!
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another happy customer:clap

Commenting on our M1 bike and helmet light.
    [​IMG]

"i’ve had one of your bike lights for about a year, and am really happy with it. the light replaced a NiteRider, the second of two i’ve owned, which shorted out during a heavy rainstorm. your light has withstood very heavy rains."
  16. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please check your PM's :ear:ear
  17. Sean-0

Sean-0 straya carnt

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh ... need a new lens i cracked mine ... new clear cover aswell and some H/D mounts ...i found the mounts on your site but no clear lens .. i did find the protectors ......are you out of clear len's

thanks
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please contact me via email sandjoh@gmail.com.
  19. dsc522758

dsc522758 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2009 Kawasaki KLR650
    I have read most of this entire thread over the past week. I do all city and or slab riding and would like somethng like the 44's for daytime visibility. I just don't think I would ever need all the light 60's give! I understand running these at 100% at night on city streets would not be very considerate of oncoming vehicles so you recommend one of your LED Dimmers with High Beam Bypass which sounds promising. I don't think I need another key FOB in my collection so I was looking at the Rotary one. I have also checked out the Skene product also. A few questions for you and sorry if they have been answered somewhere else in this great thread.
    Where or how exactly does the Rotary LED Dimmer mount? To the bars? On a panel?
    I understand the Model 44 Flood Light is a glass lens. Does the Xpel Light Protection slip-on to the flood light housing to protect the glass from breakage? Is the Xpel a replacement lens?
  20. Ricky Chuck

Ricky Chuck She's heavy but I love her

Oddometer:
    Morning, it can take a while to get through a thread like this :).

The Xpels are a round (lens-fitting) material that apply directly to the front of the lens. I would say they can be removed if they get damaged or you want a different color. Right now I have yellows on my LEDS, but you can get blue and clear. Mine have some noticeable road-wear and I should be getting some new ones myself, so as to how difficult it is to get them off, someone else can comment, and I would appreciate a good tip on how to start the process myself, lol. Tweezers? :). See link below. I know they USED to have yellow, I hope they still carry it.

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hs...strse-Lens-and-Lens-Protection/Categories.bok