Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. csimon

csimon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can i just say I LOVE THIS BIKE!:rofl
  2. SayItAintSo

SayItAintSo Wanna be

Oddometer:
    I too found that the seat kinda "locked me in"...but after a few, shall we say, aggressive takeoffs, I've come to like having the part behind me to keep me from sliding backward. If the Uly accelerated as hard as the Multi I probably would have been looking for some kind of a backstop to keep me in place.
  3. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Couldnt agree with you more!!!
  4. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    I'm with csimon; love this bike (though today I am sad, for it has a nail in the tyre and must get new shoes /again/).

As to the seat, it's not as comfy as the Renazco on my KTM 950, but it's damn good for me on up to 500 mile days. I'm 6'7, but with a relatively short inseam and I love the security the seat 'bump' gives me. I'd look at the new one on the '12 if it fits the '11.
  5. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Yeah the Renazco on my Megamoto was the most comfortable seat ive ever sat on and a work of art as well!!!! Unfortunately the bike and seat are gone. :cry The MS seat to me is still the most comfy stocker i've had. At 6'7" you'll probably enjoy a tad more room to slide back in the seat.

[​IMG]
  6. 690rider

690rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So maybe that's the seat that's already on the Pike's Peak?
    I do know that it already came with the updated rear brake.

7. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Dont think so. I bought the Pikes Peak seat for mine and there is no more wiggle room for the rider or passenger.
  8. 690rider

690rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Of course the front rear seats "can't" get any longer, overall. They still have to fit between the tank and the rear rack mounts. So when Ducati says there is more room, I'm guessing they are talking millimeter's. FWIW, as far as I can tell, I "think" my PP rear seat, doesn't "overlap" the rider's seat as much as other Multistrada seats I have seen...

Could just be an optical illusion, but that's the way it appears to look, to me.
  9. Bottomdog

Bottomdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    I never said the front seat could get longer. It obvious that the only way to give the rider more wiggle room is to reduce the overlap from the rear which my PP seat does not do.
  11. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quick ride this afternoon, after the Donkeys won! (yea!), Dokken road, up to Rampart road, down to Jackson road. Certainly all doable on a mild street bike but probably not at this pace. Did smash the cat on the rock just before the picture though. Seems ok, but might be an excuse to upgrade.

[​IMG]
  12. 690rider

690rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No you didn't. I had meant to quote the statement you quoted from Ducati where "they" stated that the rider's seat would be longer. The part where is states "an increased front AND rear length" is interesting. Are they referring to the front and rear seats? If so, I'm curious as to how they are they planning on lengthening one without shortening the other.

13. fixinbones

Oddometer:
    Well, if I recall there is a bit of room behind the rear seat where they could probably gain an inch or two if they extended the seat pan rearward. Sounds like too much of a PITA for them to do though. I suspect the only thing they did was reduce the overlap of the rear seat and reshape the foam of the front a bit.
  14. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I second that, the over sculpt does look more ergonomic not so angular, because the last time I looked at my gluteus maximus it is round and does not have any angular sharp edges to it. It looks like they extended the back of the passenger seat or shortened the fount a bit for more wiggle room for the fat asses :tush out their.

Style Guru :0-0
    VeeNeck
  15. VeeNeck

VeeNeck Banned

Oddometer:
  16. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
  17. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am sad to report that the Ducati is down….
    I was on my way to work Tuesday morning. I remember coming into a crossroads and seeing a cars headlights. I remember thinking that “I am in trouble; they are not supposed to be there”. Then I remember a horrendous tank-slapper with the rear wheel lifting back and forth. I fought it for a bit and had it calmed down a lot when it abruptly went down on the left side. Most of the impact was to my helmet and left shoulder. It knocked me out when I hit and I was out for @30 minutes or so. The car I saw left and I was found by a neighbor @15 min later. I slipped in and out of consciousness for the next few hrs.

End result is two broken hands from fighting the tank-slapper. I am also having some nerve issues from getting the head rattled again… Mostly great shape though considering what happened. I still can’t drive yet but have been able to re-learn how to do mostly everything else, despite two broken hands. Lol

My Shoei performed well (although it ground down the face shield and actually melted it). My Olympia jacket performed well too. It ground down through the shoulder area and another inner jacket but did not get into my skin.

Hmmm, wondering if it will be a total loss with the insurance company....

It will take a new:
    Luggage- $1200
    Gas tank- $1300
    Left Fairing- $900

etc etc.... whole left side....
  18. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    :kboom :pep

So glad to hear you made it out alive !!! :clap:thumb
    Still a little fuzzy about how it all went down, but typing is I'm sure, a real chore for you presently...
    Heal up rapidly and fully, I've always enjoyed your posts on the MS1200, what with the way you rack up so many miles ! I'd be suprised if it wasn't a write off, Italian parts prices and all.

996DL
  19. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was found lying in the road @ 15 minutes after the incident. The car that I saw has yet to turn up.

I only put @19k on her in 7.5 months..... :D
    The mileage dropped after the 690R showed up... :rofl
  20. Sideout

Sideout Noob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad you are alive. Speedy recovery. And hopefully they find that stupid cager who ran away.