No stop USA

Discussion in 'Trials' started by lineaway, Nov 25, 2011.

1. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    this mean that i should put a trials tire on my XR650L

2. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Getting beat by Hannah in begginer would get old fast Chris!:rofl
  3. grizzzly

Oddometer:

All I am really saying is, if we are going to ride enduro lets ride enduro!
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I am thinking that I could probably do armature and maybe even intermediate (if LBD didn’t set the sections):lol3 <o:p></o:p>
    And even if I am overestimating my abilities with that bike, I am very use to being used as traction, by little girls
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well Chris,actually the better trial was saturday. Sunday was ribbon and boxes, that`s why we`ll see a rule change again!:deal
  5. grizzzly

Oddometer:
    i think only 1 and 6 were ribon and box type sections 2,3,4 and 5 were big stuff and 7 was a roughf than Fuuuuuu with a turn. it was a good mix

it was just set to world level not local (there sportsman is our SX)
  6. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Not if I have anything to do with it we won't.
  7. grizzzly

Oddometer:

you know nobody cares what you think

:lol3
  8. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ride vintage trtials if you don't want to stop.
  9. Thumpermeister

Thumpermeister roost maker

Oddometer:
    I can go "boing, boing, boing" on my vintage bike too. I just prefer riding it! :lol3
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if the FIM goes no- stop or a new version of it everyone else plays follow the leader!
    I ride ITSA so I can stop!:D
  11. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

This is why I've fought so hard over the years as an NMTA board member to keep these FIM (and to an extent) NATC rules from just automatically adopted into our local club. I fought the "touch a gate with any part of you or the bike and it's a 5" rule last year from becoming a club rule because I thought it was ridiculous at the club level. I think it's ridiculous at the national level also, but I digress. Rules made to challenge the nation's or the world's best does not always translate well to a struggling novice. Club Trials is supposed to be fun, and getting 5s for brushing a gate with your boot is not fun, it's discouraging. Discouraged folk don't come back, bottom line. I can't say if I would be a big fan of a "no stop" rule either. It may depend on the details (no stop with foot down, no stop at all, whatever), but I still can't see how it would benefit non-national riders at the club level. Stop/balance is a good skill to attain, and I would hate to see a silly rule change put that in jeopardy at the club level. If the NATC wants to adapt such silliness, it's on them. I will still fight to keep smart club rules alive in NMTA, not "blindly follow the leader" sheep rules.

Rant over.
  12. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :dunno I keep on showing up. :lol3
  13. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'd hate to see no stop come back into modern trials. I also think being able to stop and balance is a great skill. On the other hand, I would like to see no stop, with a foot down come back. Seems silly to me to be able to stop with a foot down and take you sweet time figuring out you next move. Problem is this gets very subjective if a person was stopped or their wheels rolling when the dab was taken.
  14. LowPSI

LowPSI Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the No Stop style of riding but implementing NoStop rules is going to be like putting toothpaste back into the tube. That truth is that people are not used to getting fives anymore. You have to either crash or tear up ribbon or shoot the checkers dog to get a five these days. Scores are much lower now because of it.

The fact is that there are not enough old farts like me around to teach everyone how to ride it, how to score it and how to set up the sections.

I think the most important thing to do is change the style of section we set up. I say Death top the Box and a Rock sections.

Everything in life is a trade off. When we went to hopping we lost the ability to turn before an obstacle. We have to be lined up perfect before we go.

We all have our moves but we have lost the ability to TRANSITION from on move to another. We have lost the ability to improvise in a section when we get off line. Riders today, even our Pros don't FIGHT anymore. They dab waaaayyy too easy.
  15. LowPSI

LowPSI Long timer

Oddometer:
    PS Remember that the rules we tried before were called "Stop with penalty" and were not true "No Stop" rules.
  16. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Oh believe me I'm quite used to getting fives, even after giving the checkers dog a doggie treat. :lol3

Won't argue with you there. Whenever old-guard members such as Bob Mickett or Lineaway set, I try to see how they do it, since their Trials are usually so much fun. Even though I'm a newcomer to Trials (7 years in March), I do greatly prefer a nice, flowing section rather than a tightly ribboned, heavily gated, boxed-in/one line only section. I've tried my best to set old-guard style sections over the years, some successfully (and some not, I'll admit) simply because they are challenging and.....FUN! As far as the Pro's not really fighting for those points goes - won't argue that either. I usually use that dab to get my sheet together, and get a plan of attack to successfully negotiate the rest of the section. I would like to think that a Pro would be a bit above that. Just my 2 bits.

Now if I would only listen to Bob and BR when they tell me how to RIDE those sections....... :D
  17. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sheet,trials is easy! Knees out , feet up , just the right momentum. Just like when you finally cleaned my section sunday. Thumbs up for a clean ride on a twin shock in a section with one or two cleans on a modern bike!:thumbup
  18. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
  19. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Bounce for show, roll for dough. :rofl
  20. laser17

laser17 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think a better rule would have been to make the Spanish ride blind folded. Oh wait - They would still win - ok Engine off too.

Fix the sections - dont castrate the riders who have put in the effort to learn the skills to hop.