Teiz Motorsports One Piece Riding Suits - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jdmetzger

jdmetzger Lone Wolf

Oddometer:
    I apologize if this has been answered - I tried searching in several ways and didn't come up with my answer.

Has anyone crashed in one of these suits (specifically the "lombard" or one of the earlier models before it received that name), and if so, how did it hold up? If there hasn't been a crash test, can anyone speak up about how their suit has held up over a number of miles and different riding conditions?

I had my hands on one of these a while back but it was a "version 1" and too small for me, so I never really got to test it out.

Thanks!
  2. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11800489&postcount=1092

3. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    There have been a few other reports online as well including one guy crash into an SUV in SF. Then a couple of reports sent to me over email. Most of them have been positive but (full disclosure) were low speed crashes under 40mph
  4. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have been following Teiz Motorsports for the past few weeks, you may be wondering about all the changes on the website and product lineup. I think I need to take some time to explain our vision and what to expect from Teiz Motorsports.

Our specialty is (and will remain) riding suits. We now offer the following variations of our riding suit:
    i) Lombard - Textile ventilated one piece
    ii) Mojave - Textile mesh one piece
    iii) Alcatraz - Leather ventilated one piece
    iv) Diego - Leather mesh one piece
    v) Textile 2 piece ( 1 jacket option and 2 pants options)
    vi) Leather 2 piece ( 2 jacket options and 2 pants options)
    These products are our main focus and you will see updates/improvements on a continuous basis.

Along with these products, Teiz has introduced some accessories and jeans which are meant to complement these products. These new accessories are already established and proven products in international markets (under various brands).

Along with these accessories, Teiz Motorsports now also carries some very cool touring accessories including Blinc Bluetooth Helmets, Shad Luggage, Venture Heated Gear, Chatterbox Electronics, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and HelmetSecure Helmet Lock.

The above products along with Teiz accessories are being introduced for only one reason: To offer our customers a great way to save. When purchased with Teiz Motorsports riding gear, we will offer you incredible savings on your purchase

So don’t worry, we aren’t trying to dip our fingers into everything out there. We just cut back on gloves to ensure our focus stays on what we currently do well. All we are trying to do is ensure that you can get a good deal when you buy from us.
  5. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    in the process of making some brief videos to provide an overview of hte products. will upload by weekend hopefully.
    lemme know which products you would like to see.
  6. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    A video of the Mojave would be nice to get a better idea of how heavy it is, I was surprised about how heavy the Lombard was when I got the trial size suit. Very well made! Any word on when my Lomabrd is going to ship?
  7. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    navy chief - i dont know if the video will be able to reflect it properly but it is quite a bit lighter. I will try to make a video of the suits as well.. You suit should leave the factory this weekend and arrive at the warehouse int he next week or two..

Review of the Tioga Jacket:
    http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/Teiz_Motorsports_Tioga_Leather_Motorcycle_Jacket

Folks with pending orders :
    the latest shipment is expect to leave the factory this weekend.
  8. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I'm asking a question you've already answered, but what is the outfit you are wearing in the photos above? I like it, very visible without looking too geeky!
  12. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Jacket - Ventura (Hi Viz)
    Pants - Timoteo (light gray)
    Teiz Thermal Undershirt
  13. Bos_N

Bos_N Guest

Okay... now yer just messing with me. I've been lurking and admiring what i am seeing of your products for some time.

Now you post pics riding a Shiver (my primary ride right now).

Are you trying to get my attention or what!? :D
  14. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Those pants look much more tailored than the suits. Also, what helmet is that :ear
  15. Ken Fritz

Ken Fritz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Ghazi,

I'm sold! Two questions I think I saw somwhere on ADV but can't find now:
    1. Can I just open the front zipper a ways and still be comfortable in the Lombard while strolling around and having lunch or is it so tailored to the riding position that it will be uncomfortable?
    2. On V.2 is there still a clear map pocket on sleeve or leg? I don't want them.

Thanks!

Ken

Lombard Large black
  16. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bos-N: wow you have great taste in bike.. this thing is a looker aint it..

mercury: definitely! this is because they are not meant to be worn as over-pants whereas the suit has a fit that allows you to wear street clothes underneath. The helmet is a NEXX. I am a dealer so contact me to avail return customer discounts. Its not up on the website yet but i have all the required info and can take orders over email/phone.

ken:
    1) In short yes. Long answer, depends on how snug it is to begin with . the beauty of it is that you can very quickly take it on/off so you dont have to go around town wearing the suit.
    2) v2 does not have those pockets anymore.
    Lombard- Large-Black : 1 left till we get stock in April so act fast.
  17. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello Ghazi, a quick question that's been on my mind lately. Is there a specific reason that on the one-piece suits you have the zipper closing from bottom to top? Instead of zipping from top to bottom as the Fieldsheer Highland suit that I have and the Aerostich roadcrafter does also. I'm just wondering that's all.
    Thanks, Tony
  18. teizms

teizms Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes there is actually.
    Currently we use a one way zipper. two way zippers are quite expensive. So we need to allow you to open up the collar a little bit when you (for e.g in summer or when walkin around town).
  19. TonyKZ1

TonyKZ1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ahh okay, I see.
    Thanks for the reply and explanation.
    Tony
  20. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ghazi, Do you plan to introduce any more colors in the Mojave line? I am looking for either a hi viz yellow or a normal yellow color. I am interested in one for this summer, but I don't want to have to wear a vest over it for visibility.