Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. duanew1

duanew1 In my Pajama pants

Oddometer:
    I guess I am too late. I have been all of the way through Iron Gap road once and halfway through once. We had a group for safety. It is a really tough "road" better suited for rock climbers. Don't go in there with a big bike. We went down the hill and it was still pretty rough. I have not done the Keith Springs Mountain side of the trails yet but would like to. The roads on google maps of the area are not correct and you really cannot get through there easily. If you take the right turns you can come out in Estillfork Al after some large water crossings. The easy way in is actually Ester Hall Ln from the west.
  2. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Good info.....thanks.

Looks to be really nice weather tomorrow.

No riding for me but .. . . . . . what's everyone else doing??

I will probably wash my bike and check the valves if anyone wants to come over and watch.
  3. jeventures

jeventures DEVR Adventures

Oddometer:
    Well, except for Uly wheelies on the way to work:D

Tomorrow will be the last day of the year out on the lake and Sunday will be toy maintenance day. I might swing out to wildflower or the like on next sunday for a newbie ride while I have two plated dirt bikes for training rides. Hopefully not too much of this from my street riding new to dirt amigos :p3rry The last weekend of the month my dad will be in town and we'll be riding two and single track at a father/son pace.

Like IHF said...anyone else riding soon? Most of my TN rides are repeats of what I've been shown but I'm game to explore new stuff if you point me in a direction you want tracked. So far my secret stashes are brief not-so-legal ways around rush hour traffic...:jose Not worth riding to...but handy little dirt fixes on the way home from work..
  4. jeventures

Oddometer:
    If I didn't have plans I actually would come watch....1 or 2 rides away from my first valve check on the 450. I'm hoping it's 1/10th the work as the 950. I would definitely pass on watching you wash your bike though.
  5. cdq3

cdq3 DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer:

gona hit some woods here maybe, and no i dont want to see you do nasty stuff to that orange HO..:dhorse

..pervert......:lol3
  6. clocklaw

clocklaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    While we wanted to go to Barber for the vintage festival we're not gonna make it, looks like she and I will ride down to Meriweather Lewis for the craft festival.

mobile Clocklaw
  7. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    :nod
  8. clocklaw

clocklaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Mobile Clocklaw
  9. mhm2a

mhm2a Been here awhile

Oddometer:

You are not too late...I was skeered to go solo so I decided to keep it local. This is definitely on my list of places to explore again. I have been there before on four wheels and it is pretty rough in sections but it is definitely doable on a small bike. I was also told by a buddy that it is best to be in that are before rifle hunting season begins? I suppose I will not wear my helmet with the antlers!

I am gonna do a little scoot and shoot up to the gun range in Woodbury tomorrow if anybody wants to get out of the house or garage. Will probably hit cooper hollow, bryson rd, pleasant ridge, short mountain road, etc...some gravel, little dirt, and mainly pavement. Probably early morning and plan to be back in the boro by 3 p.m. or so?
  10. 2fast4u

2fast4u What the hell!

Oddometer:
    Back home from Barbers had a blast. My daughter and i trailered down so she could ride around on her scooter and make it easy to get around. Ran into lyaoyas98 and his crew and it looked like they was having a good time too. Here is a few pics

Vintage motocross

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

COOL bikes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first real dirt bike

[​IMG]

Hum v motor

[​IMG]

Uhh... don't know what this is suppose to mean.

[​IMG]

The wall of death!! It was very cool and i tried to talk them into letting me take the Ninja in there but they said NO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ball of pain!! haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    I've got a hidden webcam installed at BajaDoug's house.

Just recorded this footage from a few minutes ago:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7M1bRxgl_ac?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Good lord 2F . . . . . I didn't think I'd ever see the dirt ninja that clean again :freaky
  13. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    I thought the same thing, but then I saw his Harley after he took it offroad and it looks immaculate again, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Looks like ya'll had a good time!
  14. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:

Who's that stud back there by the white tent with the blue shirt on? :lol3

Great bumping into you. :D
  15. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    I just got a good look at this one, is that a YANMAR diesel driving two in-wheel hydraulic motors? WEIRD setup, but really neat.
  16. 2fast4u

2fast4u What the hell!

Oddometer:

Yep
  17. jeventures

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I have en experienced street rider who wants to learn to ride in the dirt. He can handle his vstrom on loose gravel but I'm looking for a super easy place for him to learn the basics of weight placement, hills, descents, etc. Where do you guys recommend? He'll be riding an actual dirt bike to make the learning process easier. Hoping to do this on Sunday but we'll see how the schedule pans out.

- Boneyard?
    - Wildflower?
    :ear:ear
  18. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Hey JEV . . . . I've been to both.

I would say Wildflower.

It's $10 cheaper. The trails are are a little more plentiful and they have the MX track you guys can play on.

YOU will ride the place up in 10 minutes but, your friend won't know the difference.

Boneyard trails seem to be all rutted up with cross roots and rocks. Not really that fun.
  19. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    both places are pretty flat..... not many real "hills"
  20. TanasiRob

TanasiRob Squid Emeritus

Oddometer:
    Pretty funny you should post those bikes- They are my brothers. You were wise to keep walking............. :lol3