Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    As a buyer from March 2011, I have been waiting for Phase 2.

Anything still along these lines, or just stay posted ?
    I admit, I gave up looking at the thread after 2 years - it was always more IICE Air news....:lol3
  2. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just getting this off page 5 in hopes of an answer.....

:D
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I hear you FL. We never expected so many people would want IICE Airs. Currently I'm sorting out the components and assembly for the calibration plug-in for the Airs as fitted to bikes using the BMS-K and BMS-C ECUs. The IICE Smooth and IICE Cool, 'Phase 2' as you call it, are on the horizon. I would have been working on them now if it weren't for this little snag with the temperature offset.

<BR>
  4. sunlinden

sunlinden David

Oddometer:
    Hi, I purchased the ICE air about 2 or 3 years ago for my 08 R1200GS and after installing, saw no performance improvement what so ever. I now see that you have an fix for this. Is the free updated fix available now?

Thanks, Dave
  5. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Hey there Dave.

Currently I'm sorting out setting up manufacturing for the plug-in calibration part for the IICE Air on the R1200 models. And this weekend I'll be back working on the last batch of Airs.

In the interim, on the affected bikes, you can operate the Air on the -30° jumper setting.

If you have an IICE Air the free plug-in part is in the works and will be available soon. Or if you prefer, you can choose to upgrade to one of the new digital dual-function devices. The Air/Cool or the Air/Smooth.

If you decide to go with one of the new IICE digitals, the full price of the Air will be applied to the new device.

<BR>
  6. dirtyoffroad

dirtyoffroad Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    How does one decide on which combo to choose between the air/cool and the air/ smoothe?
  7. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    The details such as those will be explained in due course.

We first have to finalize, at least in our heads, the what and where and with which etc.

But I gotta say that the range of functions and sophistication that a digital design offers is impressive.
    At least to me it is, anyway.

JJ
  8. sunlinden

sunlinden David

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update. I'll wait for the free updated fix and if that works, then consider the upgrade. This approach seems to be the logical approach.
    I'll try the -30 when it warms up a bit, but till then, please put me in line for the updated fix.

Dave
  9. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Hey there, Dirty.

The short answer is the Air/Cool is punch during throttle tip-in and acceleration, and the Air/Smooth is more and linear power and smoothness. I'm anxious to get the build thread going, with design coverage from the workbench. At that time like JJ said, we'll dissect the purpose of the various functions, and how they improve the riding experience.

<BR>
  10. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    Any hints then on what options might be available for end users to tweak?
  11. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    Any hints? Oh YEAH, :nod
    Its gunna be F'kn AWESOME! :tb
    USA — Fuck YEAH! :rayof

Isn't that what marketing SHOULD say? :lol3

But in true marketing speak, :deal
    at this point the list of 'options' is still 'fluid'. :rofl

JJ :lol3
  12. liviob

liviob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Poolside. Curious to know when my item will be shipped or if you have other plans. Can you please offer an update. Thanks Livio
  13. KSBEERHUNTER

KSBEERHUNTER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    johnjen and poolside.
    I have the IICE air installed on my 1150 gs now, set as it arrived at 20. It helped so much that I have been afraid to change the setting. Will the new Ice/cool device be as easy to install? Does it plug into the same place and replace your IICE air? The IICE air delivered great return in performance and smoothness for me and was such an easy device to install. Money well spent!!
  14. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    We have enough plans thank you very much.&#8194;:D&#8194;I've been going back and forth between a contract job, finishing the last batch of IICE Airs, putting the finishing touches on the calibration plug-in part for the Air, and pausing to take design notes regarding the digital products. You know how it is, priorities are sometimes a moving target. As of the moment, I'm back home early today, and I'll be in the shop after lunch. I may have the Airs ready to ship early next week. It might work out to epoxy a half-batch over the weekend.

<BR>
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    That is sure ice to hear, Beerhunter. Thanks!

The -20°C jumper setting is the optimum configuration. Regarding experimenting with the other settings, I would guess you are like most people in simply leaving the jumper at the factory -20 degree setting.

You could say that installing the new digital devices is half as easy as installing the Air. The devices are dual-function, and the digital Air plugs in the same way the regular Air does, inline with the Intake Air Temperature sensor connector. The other functions, the Smooth or Cool functions, connect to the O2 sensor(s) and/or other sensors.

The digital Air is controlled by a microprocessor. And the temperature offsets, the -10, -20 and -30 degree IICE Air settings, are changed based on what the Smooth or Cool are doing, and on other variables. It's a small network.

Jim

<BR>
  16. liviob

liviob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank You.
  17. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>And that's good news for us! A job I'm working at can't be done in the rain, so we're on hold for a couple of days. (Local weather at IICE HQ) That gives me today and Friday to work here. I should be able to pour epoxy on Saturday.

<BR>
  18. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Final test for this batch is Friday.

<BR>
  19. jadoca

jadoca Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is the timeline for this please?
  20. sunlinden

sunlinden David

Oddometer:
    Poolside, Any updates on this? Riding season is rapidly approaching and it's been about a month since you you posted the above response.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.